Octo or Air 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like big butts and I can not lie....oh wait thats the other board sorry. I dive a RANGER with air source. From Zeagle. I dove it for about 2 years steady 3 dives per week min. In swift black water. AKA Yellow River in FL. And in the keys and various trash outside of Destin FL. I have been tossed around a couple times from getting hung in roots to getting slapped in the face by a 30# grouper. I have not had a failure. I can go down to 70fsw hang out for a minute and return on a breath hold. And I can breath free flow, it was taught in Dive School. I tried it using the purge. It sucks but it is doable. My point is I would reccomend an inflator Air source to anyone who is comfortable with it. I like mine it is out of the way and very comfortable to breathe. The one thing I do not like is it does limit ROM. Ya readin what I am writin Scott??? So unless you are cave diving on Acid or punching down to >130' I think it is a great and wonderful thing. Hows that go "Don't dive deeper than you can breath hold out of" JMHO

Go with the octo. It will be one less piece of gear you will have to Ebay as you become a more advanced diver.

I had a Sherwood Shadow (predates the "+") for a while. It was perfectly fine for general sport diving. I wouldn't have wanted to rely on it diving the Andrea Doria but since I don't dive the Andrea Doria that didn't present a problem. It was nice to eliminate a hose.

There's a short little hose that goes between the reg and the low pressure inflator, if you ever have to replace it it's $20 or so, about $10 per inch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom