Octo Necklace

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those who prefer a lighter-weight solution, I used to use a surgical tubing and bicycle innertube rubber band arrangement.
247815.vmg
247811.vmg

It worked fine and was a little easier to break away if necessary, but as has been mentioned the surgical tubing rarely lasted more than a couple months before needing replacement. I like the speargun rubbers much better, and I like either better than bungee.
Rick

I prefer the bungee with fishermans knot as it will allow the reg to pull free intact if someone really wants it. The knots need to be fairly tight. Also, I leave about 1/2 inch on the tag ends to make it easier to lossen it to remove and reinstall the bungee. You need to make sure the knots don't slip as you instal and tighten the necklace.

Bungee cord. This avoids people mistaking you for a speargun underwater and trying to load you.

Tom Winters:
Bungee cord. This avoids people mistaking you for a speargun underwater and trying to load you.
Riiigghhhtttt....
They just try to tie you down, eh?
Rick :)

I just used some bungee and two slipknots, been working just fine for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom