Oct 4 Key Largo, Dive with Elena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear mselenaous and P had offered a spare bed, so south to Key Largo I went. The route brought on all the fond memories of “Invade the Keys 2009”, and I was a bit sad for those people I missed seeing this trip. Next time, you guys! The weather has been glorious all this time, and the seas were quite accommodating.

My Phone Nav brought me straight to their place – Happy, happy, joy, joy – more kittehs! Tux and the Duchess enjoyed a quick scratch, but Bobo was one of those that reveled in scratches, body-massages, and just plain attention. I miss my little guys, and Bobo filled in the gap quite nicely.

We went to dinner and reminisced all the fun stories of Invade the Keys. I had a “most interesting dive buddy” during that time, and everyone that was around remembered him well. We made plans to dive with the Conch Republic Divers.

Getting back to the Casa de E&P, I decided to download photos. I poured a teaspoon of water out of my camera case. :cussing: Blank, Blank, Blankity Blank! My camera was dead. :crying: Much crying and gnashing of teeth, I put it away for the duration. Strangely, the water was not salty, so it must have happened in the rinse bucket. I hope I can recover it.

So, we made the dock in good time and got ready to dive . . . wait . . .. @#$%^&*!!! I forgot my 7mm was hanging up instead of in my car trunk as usual! Dang it. Oh, well, time to rent – but you should have seen me trying to convince the Conch Republic Divers that YES, I WANT two 3mm full wetsuits!

“You do know we dive in 84F tropical waters?”

“Yes, I’ll just have to tough it out with only 6mm.”

:shocked2: . . . . :w-t-f: . . . . :giggle:

Our first dive was on the wreck, the Eagle. The boat was broken in 2/3 – 1/3, part on its side and more upright on the front 1/3. It was a wonderful dive, as gloves and hood made the difference again. I did not hoover my gas TOO bad this time, even though we made 105’; there were all kinds of places to find things. Of course. Me with no camera. I would love to do a slight deco dive on that, and take some time exploring. In fact, I'd like to spend a whole week in Key Largo on their wrecks. Maybe when I do my trimix training.

With thanks to kellyrus408:

Our next dive site was the Dolphin Reef. Here, a surge action had us dancing back and forth . . .I swear, you could dance a waltz to it! Surprisingly, not much more than the usual suspects – no lobsters, eels, flounders, or such. It was a lovely, relaxing dive. Elena is such a wonderful dive leader . . . No wonder she has so many students coming to her! When you want them trained right, contact Elena.

After the dive, Elena and I headed to lunch while P ran by the house to grab my wetsuit. We went to the Category Three Bar and Grill —they have the most wonderful home-made soup!

After lunch, I had to run - I was diving with Wookie and the Spree tomorrow! :yeahbaby:

Was a pleasure meeting you Jax. Sorry I had my head in the compressor room. Next time I promise not to be quite as dirty and distracted.....a dive shop just isn't a dive shop without a compressor. Anyway glad you had a great time. Hopefully I can get a dive in with you if you're back down our way.

Good Diving,

Was a pleasure meeting you Jax. Sorry I had my head in the compressor room. Next time I promise not to be quite as dirty and distracted.....a dive shop just isn't a dive shop without a compressor. Anyway glad you had a great time. Hopefully I can get a dive in with you if you're back down our way.

Good Diving,

No apologies necessary, Cap'n! You run a ship-shape operation and your folks do you great credit! :thumb:

Jax, we had alot of fun catching up, wining, dining, diving, and laughing about ITK2010. Thanks for all nice compliments. Lets not wait 1.5 yrs to dive together again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom