Oceanlog 2.2.4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found another issue. The dive type "Cavern" is missing from the dive types tab on the locations page. All of the others seem to be there including cave, but cavern got wiped out in the upgrade somehow.

Those fields are customizable you can add the field yourself but right clicking and then left clicking on the add popup.

Those fields are customizable you can add the field yourself but right clicking and then left clicking on the add popup.

Yeah, but in my case they were already customized and populated. Since the upgrade the "Cavern" one is gone. So I lost data in the process of upgrading. It doesn't matter to me since I was just testing the software on a copy of my dive log, but it does make me wonder what other data might have disappeared.

I looked in the database and "Cavern" is still there in the DiveTypeData table. If I change it in the database to "cavern", "CAVERN", "Cavern*", etc. it will show up in Oceanlog and the data is still linked to the existing dives. However, if I change it back to "Cavern" it goes away and if I viewed any dives that were checked as "Cavern" the data is gone even after I change it back again. This is something that I can fix since I'm aware of it, but the issue needs to be resolved as it could affect other options for other people.

What changes were made since the last build?

Any updates on when we could expect to see a mac version of the software ?

Hmm, Seems you either need a windows compatable Mac or realize that many manufacturers decide to develope their applications only for the masses that use Windows based PCs.

Doug,
I like the changes and fixes in 2.2.4 a lot and have not had any problems running on Vista x32.

I do have a couple feature requests though.

-Add a Beginning Life Time Elapsed Dive Time under Personal|Configuration
-Add a Lifetime column under History|Statistics that would factor the above in
-Embed (and potentially compress) photo album pictures in the database so they're not lost if I move them to a different folder
-Custom printed logbook layouts including the option to include photo album pictures

On a much smaller note, integrated is misspelled in the gear bag section.

Thanks for your excellent customer service!
Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom