Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mariov

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys

As i am on the process of start buying equipment i haev heard that Oceanic is the brand to go with ! I have used Oceanic before and they are pretty good so i was wondering what do you think

Regards,

Mario

You can't go wrong with oceanic.

Divernet thought that the Oceanic Alpha 7 with piston first stage to be as good as any reg. in their "High end reg test"-some thought the Alpha was the best and it's about half price of the rest.

parts are easy available and the reg. is very easy to service.

I give it a thumbs waaaay up.

Hi Mario,

I did my OW classes on Alpha 7's and they were very easy to use even though I was a novice. I bought Conshelf 14's for my first set but have purchased sealed Delta 2's to use as my primary reg set and will keep the Aqualung for backup. The venturi assist adjustment on the Delta 2&3's have a very large range from free flow to obvious exertion to open. I like this feature and you might also, but you should be satisfied with the Alpha's.

Toe

The adjustment feature on the Delta is a little unique from other regs (ie-Apeks). It auto adjusts as you go deeper in the water, and unlike the apeks etc. you can makeit so loose that it freeflows.

I have a Delta as my main reg and an Alpha on my pony. I've had both regs for about 8 years and after God knows how many dives (and regular servicing of course), they are both still excellent regs and I have had no cause to change them. I'm particularly impressed with the Alpha as it performs way, way above all other budget regs and is truly a best buy for the money.

I use oceanic diaphragm first stages... The older kind, DX2 I think is the model designation. They are work horses, been to 200' with not even a hiccup. I use an alpha sp4 piston reg on one of my deco bottles and one for playing around on the beach and never had any problems. I will also admit that I used an alpha piston reg for salt water beach dives for three or four years with out any service (just rinising after the dive) and it still kept on going. when I had it serviced ( the filter got water in it) the tech said the inside looked like it was serviced a year ao with almost no wear on it.
The SP4 reg isn't a deep water reg, more suited to shallow water, but the DX diaphragm reg will go anywhere a human can go and perform at the top of the list with regs three times the price. service on the regs is basic and easy and parts are common to many other brands.
The delta second stage is one of the best regs you can buy at any price, and the adjustment is by far better then any other user adjustable reg out there.
go with the oceanic reg, you won't be disappointed.
I would like to see anyone who has a horror story about oceanic regs to please post it here.I know alot of people who use them and never heard anyone say a bad word about them. Even guys who abuse the hell out of them... (myself) included

They are workhorse regs that show up in rental and training gear in our area regularly. I have friends who swear by them never at them. The zeta has been said to be too small, I use AL Micras which people find too small also.

mariov:
As i am on the process of start buying equipment i haev heard that Oceanic is the brand to go with ! I have used Oceanic before and they are pretty good so i was wondering what do you think
I think you've been talking to an Oceanic shop :wink:. Oceanic has good products but there is no "the brand to go with". There are lots of good regulators out there. Many think that ScubaPro and Apeks battle for the number one spot. But Zeagle, Dive Rite, Oceanic, etc all make great regs.

James

I am a new diver, dont have my cert yet... so I think I am pretty unbiost in saying this.

for the first 4 pool sessions, they had me using an Oceanic alpha 7 2nd stage and first stage.

Then the owner of the shop had me try out a Sherwood reg on my next pool session, I'll tell you, I needed a tractor to haul air through that reg for me! I was wore out within 20 min's of getting in the pool.

My first impression is: Oceanic may be the 1 to go with, it gave me effortless breathing almost!

wendledo1:
Then the owner of the shop had me try out a Sherwood reg on my next pool session, I'll tell you, I needed a tractor to haul air through that reg for me! I was wore out within 20 min's of getting in the pool.

I have a 12 year old Sherwood Magnum that breathes great and I never had any problems with it. My alternate is an equally as old Oceanic Delta 1. I notice very little difference breathing from either at depth. In shallow water most regs breath pretty easy (although some actually do better at depth), so I am wondering if the reg you used was set up correctly.

Back
Top Bottom