Oceanic Warranty - Global or Not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At this time, our international affiliate offices administer their own warranty and service programs. In some cases these vary from the US corporate policies due to legal and/or marketing considerations. I can tell you that this topic is being reviewed currently - and my best answer for now, is to contact the international office located in the country in which you reside or plan to reside. Oceanic Worldwide - Scuba and Snorkeling Gear, Scuba and Snorkeling Equipment and Dive Gear

Doug,

Thank you very much for an honest reply, a refreshing change from a major manufacturer.

Within Australia I very much doubt it is for legal reasons and far more to do with marketing and pricing considerations based on my experiences so far. In your role I am sure you are aware of the value of brand and customer experience consistency!

It would be a major coup for Oceanic amongst the dive manufaturers if they offered a warranty that was truly worldwide. With a world population that is far more mobile than in previous generations - both transitory and permenant migration - there is a need for companies to evolve their customer service and warranties to better suit this trend if they wish to continue to prosper in a world economy.

I think some of the larger players (I'm not singling out Oceanic here) are perhaps starting to feel a little consumer backlash in response to dubious business practices and a more educated purchasing public that are voting with their $$'s - I for one am!

In the current world economy I hope Oceanic makes that positive step to differentiate themselves by raising their game in the warranty and support area and thereby ganering some good brand loyalty as you do have some fine products!

See, Punishment if you dare to buy at cheaper than the local pricing, no matter how high it has been inflated! You are sounding more like a dive shop owner or distributor all the time!

no, i don't. i just understand the relationship between global parent company and local branches. which exists in all but a very few companies. and it's an absolute sh....t fight in every company I've worked for.

you're right, it was 20% with a used, but serviced first stage reg (delta 4)

Back
Top Bottom