Oceanic VT Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spike627 once bubbled...
If you have 2 hoseless computer the same you have one and your wife has one could it give you problems? Does the hoseless computer work good as well as the AI?

I'm not sure about all the hoseless computers out there, but the VT Pro has a 6 digit number that you enter into the wrist unit that designates the transmitter that it communicates with - so that it talks to that first stage and only that first stage. On the dives I have done with one, I was diving with another guy with a VT Pro. I never had problems with my wrist computer reading his tank pressure, even though we were very close together in the water (low vis).

The hoseless that I have is the VT Pro and the regular AI computer I have is the Cobra. They are a little different, but I certainly like not having another hose coming from the first stage.

In determining hoseless AI vs. connected AI, it's really going to come down to whether or not it's worth it to you to spend the money. Personally, I really got to where I hated the size and bulk of a console and so I wanted to go to a wrist mount, but keep the AI and lose the hose. Unfortunately, I already had spent the money on 2 Cobras (me and the wife) and just now went the VT Pro route (and will probably have to buy another for the wife)....

FWIW, I can see that you have been researching this for a while. I really believe that you'll be happy with whatever purchase you make, since there's really not a 'bad' choice between the stuff you're talking about. Bear in mind that the kind of diving that you do will change over time, as will your gear configuration. It's just part of diving... Don't sweat the decision too much in the hopes that you'lll get a computer that you can use for the rest of your life, it probably won't happen... :)

Back
Top Bottom