Oceanic VT Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeW0311

Reaction score
Oceanic VT Pro, any new insight since the last postings? Does anyone have any hands on experience? Thanks.

Thanks, for the reply, I too am considering purchasing from LP, any comments you have on the ordering process and LP would be welcome too.

Thanks again. I look forward to learning about your experience.

Mike,

I loaned my VT to a diver going to Cozumel for a week. I had a hard time getting it back from him. He ordered one on the day he got home from his LDS. He told me that there were no problems at all, and he really liked the layout on the wrist display.

dnhill

there has been some mention of the ProVT in other threads, but nothing very definitive. Does any one have experience with this model good or bad?

I got my VT Pro from Lp two weeks ago and have done three dives with it so far.

I have no complaints at all about this computer. Graphics are large and easy to understand. You can scroll through four different screens displaying as much, or as little, as you want to look at. Great owners manual. Very easy to understand instuction for setting all functions.

As far as the hoseless air integration goes, I tried to get the psi not to display. I moved the VT up to 6 feet away from the transmitter, behind the transmitter, etc. Always showed my psi with no disruption.

Theres been a lot of post on the board about L.P. They were great to deal with and had a great price on the VT Pro ( 650.00) I hope I get ten years out of this computer like I did my Orca Phoenix! I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Does anyone have an update on the VT Pro?
Your experiences would be most welcome. I will be purchasing one on Monday 7/7, unless I hear any negative opinions.

Thanks
Mike

spike627 once bubbled...
Is these the same or better them the Aeris Elite?

It's the same thing. Both the VT Pro and the Elite are made by Pelagic. The appearance may be a bit different, but it's the same thing. For what it's worth, Oceanic is usually a little cheaper than Aeris.

As far as VT Pro - I really like mine. I've only done about 3 dives with it, but I have no problems with transmitter no working, etc. Everything is right where you need it and the interface is clean and easy to work with. The buttons need a little more force to actuate than I would like, but maybe I just need to break them in a little. I was so impressed, that after the third dive, I removed my SPG from the other HP port...

The only thing that I noticed that was a little strange was that I was wearing it next to my old Oceanic hockey puck 2 button computer on my wrist and on our deepest dive, the VT recorded a max depth of 74ft, while the hockey puck recorded a 78ft max depth. The other dives were fine and info matched, but I'm still scratching my head about this one... (no, my arms aren't really really long).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom