Oceanic VT Pro or Aeris Elite??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The cheaper of the two. They're basically the same computer manufactured by Pelagic. Whatever differences they have are probably mostly cosmetic.

Although they come from the same factory... keep in mind two different rules on internet sales. Aeris can be sold by authorized dealers on the net and the user gets full warranty... Oceanic - no warranty if sold over the net...

But aside from that and the name.... same animal!

Larry
------------------------------------------
The one with the moist toys wins!

Great choice. I have the Oceanic VT Pro and love it for recreational diving. I use it for a bottom timer on decompression diving. Mine is only 5 months old, and I have never had a transmission hickup. My friend's is one year old and he claims his has never lost transmission either. All the nay-sayers on hoseless probably haven't done any dives with one, had an early model, or had week batteries. I'll never part with it.

scubatoys:
Although they come from the same factory... keep in mind two different rules on internet sales. Aeris can be sold by authorized dealers on the net and the user gets full warranty... Oceanic - no warranty if sold over the net...

But aside from that and the name.... same animal!

Larry
------------------------------------------
The one with the moist toys wins!

You wouldn't happen to know a place where he could buy one do you? :)

Is getting the warranty worth an extra $75 on leisurepro for the aeris elite or is the VT pro rugged enough to not need to worry about that? And what types of warranties are they?

It's worth it to get a warranty - and it's 2 years on anything that goes wrong... and gee... I probably know a place that will match LP price, and still get you a full manufacturers warranty.... But I'd hate to turn this into a commercial post! :wink:

(877) 729-2243

Do you work for scubatoys and if I bought a VT Pro from you, would it have its warranty and is it really for life?

Ok... Here's the weird deal... both Aeris and Oceanic are owned by the same guy... really one in the same company - same products with a different name on them. All manufactured and tested at the same plant in Oakland... (I've been through there - very impressive setup).

Anyway... so they have a line that will keep store owners happy that hate the net... they don't allow oceanic sales on line - period. All the ones are bootlegged - grey market that end up at LP and others. This happens when a foreign distributor who gets a pile of cash from LP - orders say 2000 computers to go Brazil... They get sent to a freight forwarder in Miami - that freight forwarder splits the order - sends half to lp half to brazil. Problem being - the serial numbers on these units are never put into the database in the US - they are shown as shipped overseas - so if there is a problem - they won't cover it in the US.

Now Aeris Policy dictates that I can sell their computer on line - but cannot discount the Advertised Price below certain levels. I can take them and give them away if I wish... Just can't advertise that.

So in answer to your question... can't sell you an oceanic... can sell the exact same unit with the Aeris name - Yes... I work for ScubaToys... I'm the long haired buy with the phone is ask Joe and Larry.... I own the place...

Hope that makes sense...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom