Oceanic Versa Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear you got your problems solved!

The guy I worked with said he finally got two cables (new one from the dive shop and my old cable) to work with his computer. What he did (thankfully with the store's cable and not mine!) was to repeatedly plug and unplug the cable before attempting the download.

The theory is that there is some sort of deposits on the contacts of the computer that's preventing a solid electrical connection. A little friction evidently clears that up.

Looking at the connectors, the ones on the computer are pins, while the cable has the female end (presumably, the one that will get stretched/bent during this procedure). Not sure what sort of warranty the cable has, but given our combined lack of response from Oceanic tech support, I'm not sure that it really matters.

Will be interested to hear how your download goes after your dives.

Just wanted to post a follow-up. I dove six more dives while in the bahamas this past week and downloaded them all with no problem at all. You can check them out at www.shookster.com.

On a side note, we did the shark dive, what a great experience! I have a bunch of pictures and a video! I don't have time to post them but will have them up soon.

Please let me know if you have any problems with the Versa Pro download, I'm pretty sure I can fix it for you.

Have fun, be safe
Joe Shook

Hey, great website.

Took a look at your dive profiles and the memo's seem jumbled. Do they actually look that way? Do they download in .pdf format and can you input data like your memo into it? Since I only have Acrobat reader and not the full program, I am not able to edit .pdf files.

We just got the software for our Oceanic DataMax Pro Pluses -- does it work the same way?

Thanks.

ET

Joe:

Your pictures look great! What kind of camera did you use?

We heard that the 4.0 megapixel Olympus Camedia has an available housing for underwater use for about $250.00. I've seen that Olympus recently at Best Buy for $499.00.

Elaine

Thanks for stopping by, I love sharing the moments with fellow divers (I know you guys appreciate it). The divelogs are the way that it is actually printed on paper. The Oceanlog software does not create PDF's, I created them myself using Adobe Acrobat (full version). As for the jumbled memo, thanks for pointing it out; it should not print that way.

I am currently using a Reefmaster with the strobe and color correcting lens. Take it from me, whatever camera you choose GET THE STROBE, it makes all the difference in the world. Otherwise, it has allot to do with the distance from the subject and environment (visibility, sunny, etc). Also, practice makes perfect; for every 10 shots you will get 2 or 3 that are really nice (at least that's my experience) the rest look bad. I am still new at underwater photography and maybe my ratio will increase with more practice.

JS

I just received a new version of software from Oceanic and a reference to a patch for W2K and XP. I ran them both and it looks like they have the problem SOLVED! I have to erase some old data and restart, but now now, it sure looks a LOT better than the old release.

Here is the references for the XP patches:

http://www.isinj.com/support/rel30faq.htm#1
http://www.isinj.com/support/download/jet35sp3.exe

The zip file is too big to attach. Send me a personal note, and I'll be happy to forward the zip file to you.

p.s This was for the Versapro

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom