Oceanic Veo 2.0 won't turn off (well after no-fly)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porkpiehat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a new veo 2.0 console and it never shuts off. First I thought it must have stored against something wet. Dove yesterday and it stayed on even after 24 hrs. It was in normal mode tonight and even showed a surface interval of 34 mins or something.

I just scooped the puck out to soak it in warm water and turned off the "wet activation." A buddy says I should take the battery out and let it dry open but I'd rather not risk opening if I don't have to.

Brand new computer. bought on ebay factory sealed from a well-rated seller.

Is this a common glitch? funky hidden setting? All google searches bring me to threads were someone didn't know about the time-to-fly function. I have the wrist module also and it doesn't do this.

Thanks if anyone can help!

The only scenario I've ever heard of this occurring, is when the activation sensor remains wet... in which case, everything should go back to normal once it finally dries out. You might be able to hasten the process by blowing out the sensor area with compressed air, like from one of the canisters sold for cleaning electronics.

I don't think it's a common problem, but it's not completely unknown either. But thus far, I've never heard of a case where it was caused by a defective unit.

I bought a new veo 2.0 console and it never shuts off. First I thought it must have stored against something wet. Dove yesterday and it stayed on even after 24 hrs. It was in normal mode tonight and even showed a surface interval of 34 mins or something.

I just scooped the puck out to soak it in warm water and turned off the "wet activation." A buddy says I should take the battery out and let it dry open but I'd rather not risk opening if I don't have to.

Brand new computer. bought on ebay factory sealed from a well-rated seller.

Is this a common glitch? funky hidden setting? All google searches bring me to threads were someone didn't know about the time-to-fly function. I have the wrist module also and it doesn't do this.

Thanks if anyone can help!

I *had* the same problem.

When I first used the system (console) it was fine, however, I did change it from console and installed the computer into a wrist boot (to wear it as a watch).

After around 30 dives, the battery gave me a 'low power' warning, so I took it to be serviced (with a battery change), after which they tested it to see if they could re-create how the system didn't turn off.

The advice I was given was that after every dive where I wanted it to be turned off (for storage) was to take it out of the boot to help it dry properly. (I actually towel dry it as much as possible around the sensors and let it sit in a ventilated area until it goes off)

Since doing this, I've never had a problem with it staying on.

Hope this helps!

This is a problem with the wet activation. Mine stayed on for days and days until I figured how to turn it off. The sensor was not corroded or even wet and it would still turn itself back on after every countdown period. The solution was just to turn wet activation setting to off. No big deal, I didn't use that function anyway.

My older veo 200 has a similar problem after salt water dives. I pulled it out of the boot and dropped it in a glass of water overnight, changing the water a couple of times, and dried it and it was OK. Mine is older and I think the salt buildup and humidity just connects the electrodes enough to think its in the water. No issues in fresh water.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom