Oceanic Veo 180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LynnB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just looking for some feedback on the Oceanic Veo 180 Dive Computer. I am looking into buying them for my children. Don't want to spend a lot of money and the price seemed right. Any feedback would be great.
Thanks
Lynn

The oceanic distributor in my country sux, but I bought 2 Veo 250's for the missus and myself and have encouraged lots of divers to get the Veo 180's. I think that speaks volumes about the product.

I have 2 Veo180s. They work fine, battery is user replaceable and good for 50-70 dives. I was able to get them for $199, which I think is very resonable for a nitrox computer. Simple to use, decent display, nothing fancy. The bright flashing red light is nice to remind you when your ascent rate is >30FPM, you can't miss it.

The downside to them is the data cable is expensive and the software to connect to your PC has a poor reputation on ScubaBoard. I have not used these features personally as they are not important to me.

I have had my Veo 180 for about 4years and over 70 dives and it has served me well. I changed the battery myself without much difficultly. The software connection to the computer can be a little quirky but is not a major problem. I download all my dives as a backup to my written log book and also use it to add a few photos of those dives. I have used it for air and Nitrox and found it to be reliable, easy to use and excellent value for money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom