Oceanic Reg ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know, I got a computer two years ago, hadn't thought about it much

Thought about getting the oxy hacker and the reg book eight or ten years ago but didn't have a computer
so just went hacking and kept building actually the other guys already had the stuff for hacking

Bought all the books a couple of weeks ago the worlds gone mad gonna have to read them one day

Who knows, might have to do a dive course rb course O2 course one day

Yeah right!

All the way with the solo way

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...6uTUAg&usg=AFQjCNGepCoE_rytb7bfCilELna7a-_UBw

If you're really lucky, a cleaning inside is all that's require.

I once field-fixed a Scubapro MK25 that was tickling a string of small bubbles from the bottom, the IP adjustment side. I marked the seat retainer, removed it, and found quite a bit of deposit inside, probably salt. I cleaned it up, et voilà, no more bubbles.

The idea is: if you dived it and didn't rinse/soak the ambient chamber, there might be some salt cristals (or worse) inside that could sort of jam open the o-ring and let some air through.

Before actually opening it, try to give it a long warm bath, like overnight, shake it well, and see what happens.

Edit
Hey knowone, what's a computer has to do with book reading?
:D

If you're really lucky, a cleaning inside is all that's require.

I once field-fixed a Scubapro MK25 that was tickling a string of small bubbles from the bottom, the IP adjustment side. I marked the seat retainer, removed it, and found quite a bit of deposit inside, probably salt. I cleaned it up, et voilà, no more bubbles.

The idea is: if you dived it and didn't rinse/soak the ambient chamber, there might be some salt cristals (or worse) inside that could sort of jam open the o-ring and let some air through.

Before actually opening it, try to give it a long warm bath, like overnight, shake it well, and see what happens.

Edit

I think maybe changing that to- a few hours with it attached to a tank and charged....otherwise you may end up with a reg full of water and needing a dissambly for sure, Orings leak in both directions some time.

Have a look through the manual, it's for a newer version but there's good info on old seat/new seat compatibility. Also as The Master predicted the o-ring sizes are indicated in the part numbers. I tried to upload it, but the file is too large (738kb.) Go to Frogkick http://www.frogkick.dk/ -->Oceanic and download it from there.

Couv

Last edited:
It's the Oceanic piston reg.......a direct copy of the Scubapro MK5.
There are 2 o rings sealing the piston.....it needs a service.

Yes I'd agree service is necessary and a good idea since this is life support

Mr Zung, just rambling again, but anyway other than ordering via PC
for illiterate savants like me, the other option was to tear out the order
card, I think from "Immersed" I think that was Chowdhury's mag and
send a money order via envelope with stamp which I aint never been
no good with eithers. So.

Or have a Texan friend LJ have his parents send the "BANNED" book over
with his usual christmas parcel you see because back then the dive shops
tried to convince us that this was secret banned dive shop explosive
business although we were already mixing the stuff with certified blenders
in a mates and another mates garage in so far as a dive shop owner mate
wanted to borrow my copy when I got it to have a peruse and see if there
was anything he needed to brush up on with his blending boosting skills
because there's no point in cultivating a dive shop dude if he can't blend
boost hydro or fill my O2 stuff.

We didn't have a booster at that stage

Phew!

So I never got the book

But we used the shop's fill station when required

Yes I'd agree service is necessary and a good idea since this is life support

If you dive in such a way that you really believe your life is dependent on one regulator, you need to get out of the water.

A regulator is just one piece of what could be called a "life support system" with sufficient backups that the loss of one piece, like your regulator, should be little more than an inconvenience resulting in the early but safe termination of a dive.

If there were no old n bold divers, we'd still be walkin

Mr Zung, just rambling again, but anyway other than ordering via PC
for illiterate savants like me, the other option was to tear out the order
card, I think from "Immersed" I think that was Chowdhury's mag and
send a money order via envelope with stamp which I aint never been
no good with eithers...

Thanks knowone, now I get it.

I'm just getting confused because, unlike you guys who live in modern countries, we on the old continent have strange rituals that can be detailed as follow:
  • First, we put one foot in front of the other in a procedure we call "walking"
  • With the above procedure, we transport ourselves to places where various things are exposed to the public. We call them stores
  • We are allowed to examine, touch and feel the exposed things to our content
  • If we find something we want, we take the thing and we initiate another process where we exchange some papers with printed drawings againts the thing we want
  • Finally, we reuse the procedure explained under bullet #1 to transport ourselves back to our caves
I once attempted to explain the above ritual to Master awap, and he immediately improved it by suggesting the places called stores provide some screens where we can click and order the things. We're still working on this.

Btw, the new version of this board is extremely buggy.

....Btw, the new version of this board is extremely buggy.

.....that's called "progress."

Back
Top Bottom