Oceanic Reg ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Last edited:
that generic seat is for an unbalanced piston.

I have also seen an even taller HP seat for the Oceanic BP reg. I suspect the various "superstructures" are just different designs to modify the airflow to reduce the occasional problems with noise. I have never tried it, but I'd bet most of the older design BP seats are interchangeable.

Good eye, Master. I'll amend my post. Thanks.

Thanks for all the info on this guys. I have yet to open up the reg but when I do I will post some pics of it this week. I did have it on a tank last to see what the IP was on it. The reg held steady at 145 each and every time I cracked open the tank valve, shut it purged it and then opened it again. It was a rock solid 145 each time.

While 145 is in the acceptable range it is in there on the high side. You might want to adjust it down about 10 psi. Midrange would be 135 -138 or so.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalkd

Jim, see what I can do for that IP when I get the O Rings to put it all back together, not so sure how much it will come down and really not sure what the ideal setting is since the manual I had was for a PX2 and there are definitely differences in the parts listed and what was actually in this Reg. Certainly the more suitable manual is the SP MK5 manual at least the schematic is exactly the same as this one. I took a picture of the HP seat to see if anyone can tell me if this is in fact the same seat from the SP MK5. Hard to see in the fuzzy picture but the seat sits flush with the surface of the top of the end plug and it measures .500 X .250.

Attachments

• Oceanic_HP_Seat.jpg
    Oceanic_HP_Seat.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 60
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom