Oceanic ProPlus-4 PDC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also have a wife that pretty much only dives on southern vacations. I could do the same and give her the PP4. If I did the Perdix AI on my left wrist and a compass on my right, I can lose the console and it's hose. One less dangly thing to deal with.

Perdix AI must be new to the market. Not all online suppliers even show it on their websites. Perdix AI is not on the Shearwater website any more. I think the Perdix 2TI may have replaced it.

I also have a wife that pretty much only dives on southern vacations. I could do the same and give her the PP4. If I did the Perdix AI on my left wrist and a compass on my right, I can lose the console and it's hose. One less dangly thing to deal with.

Perdix AI must be new to the market. Not all online suppliers even show it on their websites. Perdix AI is not on the Shearwater website any more. I think the Perdix 2TI may have replaced it.
The perdix AI has been around since 2016 I believe. The perdix 2 was released summer 22. You can find the perdix AI for sale here aod the $650 - 700. The peridix has a built in compass if you want to ditch your wrist mount.

So I gave my Sherwood Oasis 1st, 2nd, octo and PP4 to my wife and picked myself up an Aqualung Legend Elite 1st (DIN), 2nd, octo and Perdix 2 ti. Perdix AI's are getting hard to find. They appear on the classified here but they seem to sell real fast. Shearwater stuff seems to have really good resale value. LDS made me a better deal on the Perdix 2/transmitter than I could find anywhere online so I pulled the trigger.

If it locks into surface mode for 24 hours after a dive, how can you make another dive the same day. I can see that if I did a dive or multiple dive to limits, but lets say I do a 80ft dive on Nitrox and upon surfacing I am no where near limits. If the unit lock itself in surface mode for 24 hours, I'm sort of screwed for any more dives that day. The manual is really vague on this.
This used to be common on older computers, but it seems that newer ones are doing things a little differently. I've never dove with a PP4, so I'm not sure if this is the issue, but it sounds like it is. In the older computers that I've seen this in, there was a solution, but it starts on dive 1.

The issue seems to be that if you do dive 1 as an Air Dive, you can't then do dive 2 as en EAN dive. Older computers would only track N2 exposure in Air mode, so they don't have any O2 information, that's why they lock you out of EAN for the 24 hours. Air would still work. The workaround was to never use Air mode. Instead, use EAN and set the mix to 21%.

How do you switch the Proplus4 to Nitrox. Manual says you can not do it in surface mode. Do you do it once in the water? I don't see the reasoning for not allowing the switch on the surface. Can someone explain? Other than that, it's not to hard to figure out. I hope I don't have constant issues with it. I'm not real patient when it comes to things like that.
TXT me 336-596-5311 to set up a phone call and i will talk to you and give you a very simple class over the phone and i'll get you squared away with this issue. Very Easy Fix. I'm very good w/ the PP-4 and set up. I wrote a post to you the other night, and after 20 minutes of type it out how to do this SB page was down!! Bummer, just wasted my time. Marcus

Back
Top Bottom