• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Oceanic Pro Plus X

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by Chip Collins, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Chip Collins

Chip Collins Angel Fish

# of Dives: 0 - 24
    I currently have a Mares Quad Air and a Sherwood Profile. I have been looking into replacing the Sherwood with something a little more complex. I don't care about having a compass as I have a Suunto compass. I keep coming back to the Oceanic Pro Plus X. I like my Oceanic BC but don't know anything about their computers.

2. hammet

hammet Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Ordered one when it first came out because it looked cool. And then I realized what a pain in the ass consoles are when you can just tilt your wrist with an AI watch computer to see everything. Bought a Perdix and then a Teric soon after.

3. Chip Collins

Chip Collins Angel Fish

I wanted a console as my backup. I can't imagine not having a computer on my wrist.

4. hammet

hammet Manta Ray

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    pretty expensive backup.

5. Chip Collins

Chip Collins Angel Fish

I went cheap on the Profile and I regret it. I like my quad air but I'd like a backup that I would have no problem using as my main computer.