Oceanic Pro Plus II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Using Pro Plus for 2 years so far 300+ dives. Have not changed batteries.Lifespan ???

I recently upgraded to a ProPlus 2 from a 12 year old DataMax that was functioning fine, had 1000+ dives on it, but just didn't have Nitrox or dive log capabilities. Prior to that I had an Oceanic made Aqualung Scan, so I'm used to these and enjoy them.

All has been great with the ProPlus2, but I'd lean towards buying a computer with better divelog software; I can't figure out how to download to my laptop and the instructions aren't much help. I've loaded the USB drivers and the cable is recognized by my computer, but when I attempt to transfer the data, the data handshake fails.

I'm now off to do a SEARCH for help on this in these forums....

PS - found it, I should have known there would be SW upgrades
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=125452

Doug B:
Hey Guys (and Gals),
I picked up a Pro Plus 2 about a month ago. I put thirteen dives on it, with no problems. I read thru the manual while watching my son at Karate practise one night. In less than thirty minutes, I had the thing figured out. It's pretty easy to use and I like it a lot.

I'm not that crazy about the oceanlog software and the upload cable connection. It works, but there are about five things that I think they need to change, then, I would really like it. I guess I'm spoiled with the software and docking station that my Citizen Auqaland uses....

Anyway, here's my question: The manual says the battery is good for about 50 hours. So, I bought a second battery (kit). However, during my last trip, the thirteen dives occurred over four straight days, and the computer never "shut off", and I still has plenty of battery life. So... what is the battery consumption really like?

I have a Pro Plus 2 and the only problem I ever had was when the battery died. Fortunately, it was after I got home and downloaded the dives onto my computer. I really like the computer it's been good to me.

The connector to the dive computer is dodgy and I found that I had to hold the cable and the DC to make sure it was connected completely the whole time, but the download works!

Back
Top Bottom