Oceanic Pro Plus 2 - USB Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok so I got ahold of oceanic and was told that I have the wrong cable. The cable nor the packaging gave no indication of the type of cable it was nor a list of compatible computers. had to look it up on the oceanic web site with the tech support on the phone to determine which one I had and which one I needed.
now I have to wait till Monday to have it out with LP.....

Oh cripes. What a mess! Well, keep us posted.

Update.
The vendor did send the wrong cable. (LP) I was very specific when ordering by phone that it was a PP2. They sent the PP2.1 cable instead. No questions asked and RMA swap out very quickly. New cable works like a charm. I do find it very interesting that Oceanic has the same input/output connection on many of their computers yet still need different cables. I know cell phone makers make a bundle on changing connectors with each phone but crikes.... at least they change the connection so you know it won't plug in...:idk:

Update.
The vendor did send the wrong cable. (LP) I was very specific when ordering by phone that it was a PP2. They sent the PP2.1 cable instead. No questions asked and RMA swap out very quickly. New cable works like a charm. I do find it very interesting that Oceanic has the same input/output connection on many of their computers yet still need different cables. I know cell phone makers make a bundle on changing connectors with each phone but crikes.... at least they change the connection so you know it won't plug in...:idk:

It's easy to get the wrong cable, I just did it. They changed the interface chip in the computer at some point, so there are two different flavors of cable. You can find the part numbers on the Oceanic page for the ProPlus 2. If you go on-line and buy a cable for the ProPlus 2 you will probably get the wrong one. I just bought one from Oceanic, but even they don't put the part number of the cable on their website. It is pretty pricey, but I agree with the previous posters that it is a very useful tool for analyzing dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom