Oceanic Pro Plus 2 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

staffybull

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My battery compartment flooded. Can this be fixed or is it a paper weight now?

It's a user changeable battery so the battery compartment is separate and sealed from the workings of the computer. Clean out the compartment and try a new battery to see if the unit still works. It's best to get a battery kit so you have a new and correct o-ring, and make sure all o-ring seats are clean when assembling.

Battery Kit

I had mine serviced before our last trip, during which they noticed water under the screen so my LDS sent it into Oceanic and they replaced the entire computer. Not sure if it was new or refurbished and it did cost us maybe around $50 bucks or so but a lot better than buying a new one! It was 6 years old and hadn't been used in almost a year so not sure where the moisture came from. Do you have a shop you can take it to?

It is a user replaceable battery, but as my LDS stated, it only costs $30.00 for them to change the battery/o-ring and pressure test/calibrate. He said if it floods after their service, it's on them to replace it. Seems like pretty cheap insurance to me.

I spoke with Oceanic yesterday and was quoted $45 for battery replacement and to recalibrate.

I had already cleaned it out and put a battery in, and nothing. No water under the screen or anything. Just had a little surface rust on the prongs and the battery was wet. I dried it out, cleaned it up. Maybe I used the wrong battery. Will take it to the dive shop. I'm in a land locked state with one dive shop locally that works on OCEANIC, and they are a bit pricey. Thx for the input everyone

Well after I got home last night, I pulled it out for whatever reason and scrubbed on the prongs a little. Put the new battery back in and it came on instantly!!!!
Its working like normal! Thanks SB for your good JU JU. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom