Oceanic Pro Plus 2 or Aeris Atmos AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been flip-flopping between the Aeries AI and the Oceanic PP2 myself and can't decide. I have been leaning toward the Oceanic because of the larger numbers and the fact that the graphs have more incriments which give you a clearer picture of O2 loading etc. Another thing I like about the Oceanic is that the case is somewhat rubberized; not to incinuate that the Aeris is fragile just that the rubberized coating may be easier to hold onto for some folks.

In the end, it will be a factor of how much cash I have and what deals I can get at the time. I recently developed a new hobby that is more expensive than scuba.... photography. :) Now, I want to mix the two.... anyone wanna give me $2K for a housing and strobe kit for my Canon 20D :)

Not going to add to whats been said. I agree with the earlier posts.

I own a Datamax Pro Plus 2.

I also purchased the USB interface cable and Oceanlog software with mine. Great way to track dive profiles and computerize your logs. Worth the extra $'s.

Suggest you also protect your investment, either way you go, and get the protective lens cover to keep your screen from being scratched up.

mack50md:
Suggest you also protect your investment, either way you go, and get the protective lens cover to keep your screen from being scratched up.

comes free on the aeris...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom