Oceanic PRO PLUS 2.1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikePierce170

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Pro Plus 2.0 USB cable will work with the new 2.1? I received an email from Oceanic about their promotional deal on the Pro Plus 2.1. They're advertising the 2.1 for $679.95 which includes the compass, quick disconnect and FREE standard shipping. But they want an additional $210 for the Download Kit (which is the Software and USB cable... according Derek, the rep I spoke to on the phone).

Just trying to figure out if it's worth the additional $210 or if I can save myself a little money by using the 2.0 USB cable. I kinda think I'm missing something here though. Because even if I purchased the new Pro Plus 2.1 and bought the cable separate... the cable is only $99 and the software is another $7.95. Why they want $210 is confusing me. Hopefully someone can clear this up for me. Thanks!

That sounds wrong to me as well. The cable by itself is $90 dollars and the software can be download for free.

The Pro Plus 2 cable will not work for the Pro Plus 2.1 computer.

So did they fix the data cable?
I really like my Pro Plus 2 computer but the data cable is the worst and most over priced piece of scuba gear I ever bought.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom