Oceanic OCi vs VT 4.1??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The biggest difference is the screen size. The VT 4.1 is a bit larger & easier to read than the OCi. The OCi is designed to also be a functional wrist watch, whereas the VT 4.1 is a bit bulky for that. Mostly depends on what you want.

So is the OCi the same size as the OC1 ? I am anticipating going from a console to a wrist mounted computer. I really like my Aeris Atmos AI, but want to try something air integrated. The OCi has a compass built in, but I am still anticipating getting a wrist mounted one.

IMO, build in compass is actually ver impractcal. When you switch to compass mode, you lose the dispaly for your dive info. The real issue is you have to switch between modes. So not both info are readily avaible to you. People I know with computer with build in compass ended up having a dedicated compass anyway.

I have to agree. My console has the compass built into it so you always have air and loading visible when you are navigating.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Any idea when the OCi is going to be released?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom