Oceanic Oceanlog software...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmalinowski:
I changed the .dat to .mdb and went to open it with access and access asks me for the password. when I get it wrong, it says "wrong password".

I have the Atom, so I don't know if this sw is different. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I get the same thing when trying to open the mdb file. I used some trial access cracking programs but the most I could get is that the password follows one of these patterns:
***********#
ad1#####
where * & # could be any character. I'm sure oceanic doesn't want the password to be widely known for data integrity reasons. I also noticed that the Scubase program didn't seem to know the password for the atom version of the database either. I was to cheap to actually buy one of the programs, especially since I kicked my Atom to the curb in favor of a D9 :)

jagfish:
Interesting...
Then how does it arrive at your estimated air remaining time w/o tank size? I guess it just extrapolates on how the psi is moving...

How do other programs make use of SAC? I'M not sure if the Suunto prgram calculates this. Do other computers require you to input the tank size?

I just bought an Oceanic VT Pro and the tank size doesn't matter. it just tracks the current pressure, rate of consumption and depth. It samples the pressure once a second and an average rate of consumption is calculated over a 90 second period. It then caculates the amount of time left. The SAC rate really doesn't apply in this case. I suppose if you needed to know the SAC rate for something, then you would have to use the formula to figure it out.

I hope I answered the question and if someone already answered it, then I apologise.

Chris

ScubaBob92651:
I get the same thing when trying to open the mdb file. I used some trial access cracking programs but the most I could get is that the password follows one of these patterns:
***********#
ad1#####
where * & # could be any character. I'm sure oceanic doesn't want the password to be widely known for data integrity reasons. I also noticed that the Scubase program didn't seem to know the password for the atom version of the database either. I was to cheap to actually buy one of the programs, especially since I kicked my Atom to the curb in favor of a D9 :)

Did you try asking Alex at Scubase if he can help? Post to the Yahoo Scubase group and see if he has figured out the Atom.

Based on this thread we decided to create a special import DCU for the SharkPoint log book. Hoping to solve many of your Oceanic log issues.

David Bolowiski
DreamDives
http://www.dreamdives.org

You would think that Oceanic would have the common courtesy to at least answer an email. :11: Does anyone have the source code for the Oceanlog software? I would love to just fix the very easy to identify problems with the software. It does everything I need and was one of the selling points for me buying the Atom.

The Oceanic software is the only issues/problem I have with my Atom. Its a complete disappointment. I also have a problem with the thinking that the software is given for FREE. Sorry but the ability to download on to your computer is sold as one of the "features" of the dive computer. As far as I am concerned it should work just as well. I have also found Oceanic's online customer service to be non-existent. If I were them I would just take the email address off of their website. Fortunately, the telephone support is good but they recognize the software is a POS.

Alex

I have the oceanic veo 200, which is a pretty descent dive computer only lacking the AI. I've been tempted to buy the cable, but the software looks like garbage. I just may end up buying a different dive computer possibly a Suunto and give my computer to my mom.

The way I see it, if they don't want to fix the problem and provide their customers with a descent piece of software, then make the source code for the program available for download publicly from their website. I'm sure then some people, including my self, would use parts of the software (mainly the parts responsible for the data transfer) to write a more productive dive logging software.

At least you have software. They don't make mine anymore I don't think. I have a Data Trans Plus and have been diving with this since 2000. Have had it serviced once (I think I wore it out). I love my computer...I should it cost enough. And since the later oceanic computer models are having trouble downloading their profiles, I'm glad I didnt' buy probably the much more expensive software for mine. It was not free then.

aabond:
I have the oceanic veo 200, which is a pretty descent dive computer only lacking the AI. I've been tempted to buy the cable, but the software looks like garbage. I just may end up buying a different dive computer possibly a Suunto and give my computer to my mom.

The way I see it, if they don't want to fix the problem and provide their customers with a descent piece of software, then make the source code for the program available for download publicly from their website. I'm sure then some people, including my self, would use parts of the software (mainly the parts responsible for the data transfer) to write a more productive dive logging software.

Brown Mermaid:
At least you have software. They don't make mine anymore I don't think. I have a Data Trans Plus and have been diving with this since 2000. Have had it serviced once (I think I wore it out). I love my computer...I should it cost enough. And since the later oceanic computer models are having trouble downloading their profiles, I'm glad I didnt' buy probably the much more expensive software for mine. It was not free then.
I have a Data Plus and it appears the old parallel IR link is unsupported by the new software.

I could probably spend the rest of my life figuring out the data transfer protocols to write my own software for it. I will pass on that.

At least the computer is a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom