Oceanic Oceanlog software...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was having problems with mine also. The first problem was that the software kept telling me that "Flashplayer 8.5 is required for installation", nevermind that I had flash 10.0.xxx installed. I had to "explore" the disk and manually copy the software to my desktop.

Then, it was getting incomplete downloads also. I wish I could tell you exactly what I did to resolve the issue but I can't remember. I think I just kept trying to download it from the DC until it finally got it all. One thing I learned is that if I have the sampling rate at 2 seconds, it makes a HUGE file to download, esp. after 2 or 3 dives. I think I have mine at 15 or 30 seconds now.

Anyway, yeah, not real happy all in all. The computer is great (vt pro), software sucks.

Darin

I have the Atmost2, which is a clone of the Versa Pro. They use the same cable, same software (with name changes). I agree, the software is TERRIBLE! I just sent a question to Aeris about a problem, I'll see how and when they respond.

jakubson:
It reads the Oceanlog file (.MDB) and from there you can design your own forms, reports, ...

I just purchased the atom, and it does not appear that the oceanlog software that comes with it uses MDB's, but rather .dat files or something.

Do you know if Scubase will work with the new atom version?

I bought a Datatrans a couple of years ago and while I quite like the gauge, the software was, is and always will be nothing other than bloody dumb.

Compatable with Windows 98 only.

Somebody in Oceanic's development group (probably all of them) should be keel hauled, spoken to sharply, then electrocuted.

cmalinowski:
I just purchased the atom, and it does not appear that the oceanlog software that comes with it uses MDB's, but rather .dat files or something.

Do you know if Scubase will work with the new atom version?

Email Alex at

akh@cyber-strategy.org

and ask him.

Does anyone know the password for the oceanlog mdb (or .dlg I guess now) files? I want to be able to renumber my dives (lifetime dive number) - I don't see why the software should be able to dictate what your "lifetime dive number" is.

The mdb should not be password protected. What message exactly do you get when you try to open it? You may have an older version of access or the file may be read only. Check the file attributes to confirm it is not read only.

As for the .dat files this is typically an mdb file that the last three letter have been changed in the software to .dat. It is however possible to create a custom data base. One thing you can try is rename it to the .mdb format and see if access will open it. If it is a custom data base in most cases it is simply a tab or common dilemited file and can be open in note pad. In rare cases the .dat file with be an encrypted data base structure in which case you are SOL.

Hope this help both of you.

SharkA1A

ScubaBob92651:
Does anyone know the password for the oceanlog mdb (or .dlg I guess now) files? I want to be able to renumber my dives (lifetime dive number) - I don't see why the software should be able to dictate what your "lifetime dive number" is.

I'm glad I found this thread. I just bought the VEO 200. I thought it would be cool to download my dives and keep a digital log book with charts. I was becoming interested in buying their cable.

Since the software was free, I thought it might be a liitle cheap.

Well, I didn't get a reply from Aeris (Oceanic) so I purchased Scubase and imported my dives into that. Seems to be working a lot better, and actually lets me edit fields. I still need the POS Aeris software to download with, but that is all I use it for.

I changed the .dat to .mdb and went to open it with access and access asks me for the password. when I get it wrong, it says "wrong password".

I have the Atom, so I don't know if this sw is different. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom