Oceanic / Hollis Quality Alert :: Pin Recall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
QUALITY ALERT
Oceanic Diaphragm-Style Regulators Purchased or Serviced between October 1, 2017 – May 25, 2018

Dear Customer,

There exists a possibility for the Oceanic diaphragm style regulators sold or serviced between October 1, 2017 and May 25, 2018 with a new HP Poppet to significantly restrict airflow at low tank pressures (below 500 psi), posing a drowning hazard to consumers. Any regulator with the new HP Poppet must be fitted with the new style.

It is of the utmost importance that if you have a regulator model affected by this quality alert it be serviced and the pin replaced as soon as possible.

While no incidents have occurred, the possibility of an incident does exist. We strongly recommend that consumers take all necessary precautions when dealing with life support equipment.

NEXT STEPS: WHAT TO DO IF YOU BELIEVE YOU HAVE A PRODUCT AFFECTED BY THIS QUALITY ALERT

1. Do not use the affected product(s).

2.Determine if you have an affected product by going to the website below and following the provided instructions. Alternatively, you can bring your product into your nearest authorized Oceanic Dealer or visit our recall website to determine if you have an affected product recall.oceanicworldwide.com/pin.

3. Please let any of your fellow divers who may be using an affected product know about this quality alert.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation in supporting Oceanic regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

Oceanic

just out of curiosity, could this problem also allow water in??? i actually had an issue with with my delta 5, which i bought brand new for my open water cert. i had it serviced after the occurrence and the dive shop said that it was due to the diaphragm not being seated properly. i believe it i bought it a few months before oct of 17

Back
Top Bottom