Oceanic GEO depth sensor problem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I explained above, the computer malfunctioned on our 3rd dive on the first day, max depth to 60ft and this dive never actually occurred (computer failed to exit the dive mode and continued to log some information for hours at the surface thinking it was still at "OUTR" depth).

I was kidding about the dive log info., should have used a smiley face or something.

I have a GEO problem that just popped up today. After my dive, I wasn't able to do anything with the computer. It wouldn't go to any of the menus or modes at all. When I went back in for my second dive, it worked just fine tracking the dive. Afterward, I was able to switch between the menus until I hit my 10 SI and then once again, I couldn't do anything at all with it. After I downloaded the info, I pulled the battery and put it back in but same thing. Anyone heard of anything like this?

I have a GEO problem that just popped up today. After my dive, I wasn't able to do anything with the computer. It wouldn't go to any of the menus or modes at all. When I went back in for my second dive, it worked just fine tracking the dive. Afterward, I was able to switch between the menus until I hit my 10 SI and then once again, I couldn't do anything at all with it. After I downloaded the info, I pulled the battery and put it back in but same thing. Anyone heard of anything like this?

If the Geo is still in the post-dive transition mode, the user will not have access to any settings until ten minutes have elapsed from the end of the dive. If the computer still will not respond after the 10-minute transition period, we can bring it back for evaluation and service.

If the Geo is still in the post-dive transition mode, the user will not have access to any settings until ten minutes have elapsed from the end of the dive. If the computer still will not respond after the 10-minute transition period, we can bring it back for evaluation and service.

It's acting the opposite way that it should. It's letting me access the information during the 10 minute transition period but not after that at all. It's still under warranty so I'll get with my local dive shop and see about getting it sent in for evaluation.

I have similar problem. In general after the second dive of the day the the computer logs "ghost" dives. See in the attached snapshot that the dives inside the red rectangle do not exist.
In adition I can not donwload the dives to the PC.

Attachments

• Oceanic_dives_error.jpg
    Oceanic_dives_error.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 124
I have similar problem. In general after the second dive of the day the the computer logs "ghost" dives. See in the attached snapshot that the dives inside the red rectangle do not exist.
In adition I can not donwload the dives to the PC.

I brought my computer in and got a brand new one from Oceanic since it was still under warranty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom