Oceanic Geo 2 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ajmal

New
Reaction score
Hello, i have not been using my Oceanic Geo 2 for over 2 years and last week i changed the battery.

Now i am facing two issues:
1. when i long press on the Mode button, it is not entering dive mode but it instead displaying 'ALT' text
2. each time i now wash the watch, it is displaying as if i am diving - depth of over 20m is being displayed and it remains like that for hours.

any idea what can be done to fix it?

Not sure if both 1 & 2 are related to the same problem, but #2 sounds like the pressure sensor has gone bad. I don't know if that is a fixable problem or not. By the time you ship it to Oceanic and have them repair it, if it is repairable, it may be close to the same price to just get a new one. I would suggest contacting Oceanic to see what they say about it.

Oceanic/Huish will replace your Geo 2 for $150 Service - Oceanic Worldwide This is arranged through the Huish service portal Return Merchandise Authorization | Huish Outdoors - 1540 North 2200 West | Salt Lake City UT 84116 US (returnsportal.net) Apparently, service is currently delayed, but occurring, due to ramifications of the pandemic.

I have used Oceanic service, before and after the acquisition by Huish, and it has always worked out well for me A tale of two services, Shearwater and Oceanic/Huish

Hi @Ajmal

I just noticed that you are in Mauritius That would make things a bit more difficult. You pay for shipping to and from service...

thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it.
but by the look of it, it definitely looks like the pressure sensor is damaged.

and adding two way DHL shipping might result in the price of acquiring a new one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom