oceanic geo 2.0 questions, and crazy deal if anyones in the market for one.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi fellow divers,

I have a minor problem with my Geo 2 which is pretty irritating. Recently bought in July 2013.

Problem: THE WATCH TIME IS SLOWER THAN THE ACTUAL TIME.

How can i fx this please? Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Jaz

Hi fellow divers,

I have a minor problem with my Geo 2 which is pretty irritating. Recently bought in July 2013.

Problem: THE WATCH TIME IS SLOWER THAN THE ACTUAL TIME.

How can i fx this please? Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Jaz

I have two Oceanic Veo 3.0's and they both can't keep accurate time. In my case, they both run fast and add about a minute every couple days. I haven't bothered calling Oceanic about it but it is an irritating "feature."

According to the specs in my manual, the accuracy of the time should be within 1 second per day. It's far from that. :(

I think I would be a bit concerned if the computer is using the same clock to compute my NDL time. If it can't keep correct time how accurate is the rest of the information?

I double checked our Veo 3.0's and they're running 25 and 50 seconds fast since I last set their time, which was about two weeks ago. It's not within spec, but also not so far out of spec to freak me out about erroneous NDC limit calculations.

Hi fellow divers,

Thanks for sharing your genuine input. It is indeed an irritating feature especially concern about what Wolfie mentioned about the NDL time or surface interval since it's running slower. I emailed international Oceanic but has yet gotten a response :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom