Veo 180 NX Accessory Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kf4zht

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A couple years ago I was a week away from a trip and discovered my computer was dead. Being an old scubapro model that required sending to factory and constant confusion of the controls I bought a Veo 180. Seemed simple enough, price was doable at the time and it was in stock.

Kinda stopped diving for a few year, but started back. After a simple battery swap the computer was back up and running, but diving more makes me want a couple changes. Trying to find the right parts and if it is worth it to even do it.

1 - Wrist Mount - Last computer was console, so I needed a new SPG. I bought the console model, which I now regret. I think this is the right wrist boot, does anyone know for sure?
Amazon.com : Oceanic VEO 2.0 Dive Computer Wrist Mount Boot : Sports & Outdoors

2 - PC Download - I think I want to be able to download directly to the PC. Seems to make sense I already track everything else on the PC, my handwriting is crap. Here is the cable, but does anyone know where to get it cheaper than $80? Even a DIY version. I have a hard time paying that much for something that likely is pretty simple tech
Amazon.com : Oceanic USB Cable for Pro Plus 2, Veo 180, 200, VT Pro & Versa Pro : Diving Decompression Limit Monitors : Sports & Outdoors

Any other thoughts on this computer? I like it but if there is something not great about it I will deal with the console and manual entry while I save for better.

You might look at a bungie mount from Deep Sea Supply, they recently came out with a VEO compatible unit. I was using the same unit you are looking at for a VEO 2.0 and did not like it. I ended up cutting the straps off and drilling some holes in it and converting it to a bungie mount.

I looked long and hard to find an aftermarket cable plus attempted to make my own cable, no joy. Ended up buying one off EBay for about $80.

this one says for the Veo180 also. BOOT, WRIST, VEO, VEO 1.0, 1 TOP - Computer Accessories - Computers Probably the same one as posted ^.

If you look closely, the difference is that the Amazon listing is for a two-button computer like the Veo 2.0 unless there's some way to specify which one you want at checkout.

Capture.JPG

seems like something Scubatoys might have...

Last edited:
I own an Oceanic VEO 180 NX. I bought the PC download cable in Leisure Pro for $ 65 plus shipping.
I didn't find anyone that did it's own download cable, that's because the PDC connector is specific for the Oceanic PDCs.
Regarding the wrirst band, though the picture is small and with little detail, it seems that it's the correct one for the 180.

I own an Oceanic VEO 180 NX. I bought the PC download cable in Leisure Pro for $ 65 plus shipping.
I didn't find anyone that did it's own download cable, that's because the PDC connector is specific for the Oceanic PDCs.
Regarding the wrirst band, though the picture is small and with little detail, it seems that it's the correct one for the 180.
I've used my veo 180nx for a couple years now, and i just the other day got the authentic download cable. Just curious as to why i can't get the usb driver to install properly. so i'm stuck . Any tips on how to make the interface cable work properly?

I've used my veo 180nx for a couple years now, and i just the other day got the authentic download cable. Just curious as to why i can't get the usb driver to install properly. so i'm stuck . Any tips on how to make the interface cable work properly?

You should really post this as its own topic, rather than buried at the bottom of an unrelated 3 year old post. I can;t help on the cable issue itself - I can't bring myself to pay 100.00 for the download cable.

I had no issues to install and use the drivers and cable. I'm using it under Windows 7.
I suggest follow the advice given to open a new thread with this topic to have better answers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom