Oceanic Fin Exact Same Fin as Bio Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.:
mdb,
Thanks for your response. Sorry it took me so long to see it.
Big White Square. Thanks also. I've seen and read that site.
Hopefully others who haven't will learn more.thanks.

jim T: The folks @ Oceanic did copy the Apollo bio-fin design-don't blame them-the Oceanic fin is not bad. It is simply another imitation. It is not 100% natural rubber. The only real 100% natural rubber bio-fin is manufactured
by www.diveapollo.com

FWIW, I have two pair of Apollo Bio-Fins, and I like them a lot. They are heavy, but they work very well (for me). YMMV.

NetDoc was somewhat surprised that I was able to do a sort-of frog kick with them. (Sort of - because I have never been taught properly, I just copied him)

FYI, splits like the Bio-Fin have been reported to not work as well at the surface (especially if the fin actually breaks the surface) My buddy and I have found this to be true, but at depth they work great (for us).

[enough disclaimers?]

Wristshot

Both fins are very good fins. All of the reviews state the Bio-fin provides better performance, but the V12 Buckle is a whole lot easier to tighten, loosen, and release. Overall I never noticed much difference between the two as far as performance goes.

Thanks for continuuing the dialog guys.

Just as an aside, I often rent Atomic Split Fins and although their length has me wanting to try the bios. (extra weight for floaty drysuit feet won't hurt either) I've found the Atomics to be really great for surface swimming on my back. Probably better than anything I've tried other than traditional paddle Jet Fins.
They are a lot stiffer than most other splits though.

DolphinScuba:
Both fins are very good fins. All of the reviews state the Bio-fin provides better performance, but the V12 Buckle is a whole lot easier to tighten, loosen, and release. Overall I never noticed much difference between the two as far as performance goes.

The difference is well documented. The real bio-fin with 100% natural rubber rates #1 every time tested.

Edit: double post

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom