Oceanic ever going to fix Ocean Log 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not had any problems yet using vista premium on my HP laptop. Im using the veo250 and it works fine so far.

I don't think it's necessarily an Oceanlog 2 vs. Vista issue. O2 initially worked for me briefly on XP Home, then didn't after I tried importing data from Oceanlog 1 (which had downloads from an Atom I used to use), & even uninstalling & reinstalling didn't fix it.

I did a little quick round up of some threads.

1.) It worked for a replier to this thread, but had already quit working for me under XP Home - http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=176035 I posted on page 2, February 7'th:

Checking into the matter on this forum suggests an update to O 2 is suppposed to be overdue by now, and some people have had trouble with it.

And Feb. 27'th, Doug updated us:

We are currently working on Vista compatibility among several other things - I'll update you and post the beta as soon as it is available.

I'm wondering what the 'several other things' were.

2.) A thread where someone was having this sort of problem in January: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=175122

So you see why I started this new thread in late March!

Richard.

I made my first public post in January '06 with the release of OceanLog 2.X. here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=126092. 2.X was a significant improvement over previous versions, although many issues were identified following the initial launch. I had the developer's undivided attention for several weeks following the launch and was able to react very quickly to user comments, sometimes providing patches in a matter of hours following input. In the months since, many other things have come up, some affecting all, some affecting a few, and some things that only one or two have reported. Some specific bugs were patched, others added to the list to consider for a future release. We are at that point once again. We will have in a matter of days, a new beta release where many SB comments have been addressed. As before, the development group will be highly focused on making reasonable improvements before public launch.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and making OceanLog exceed your expectations.

Doug

Doug Krause:
I look forward to hearing your thoughts and making OceanLog exceed your expectations.

Doug
Hi Doug,
One issue I have with Oceanlog 2.1.3 is that after I imported dives from a previous version and then deleted a few dives, there is a misalignment between the dive details and the dive data. What I mean is that for dive #32 I get the dive details for dive #30 and the graphs show the wrong scale.
Obviously, this causes problems.

Thanks
Frank

Originally Posted by Doug Krause
Quote:

Doug,
Im not worried about exceeding expectation, How about just geting the program to do what is was designed to do first.
I love the computer and have been a oceanic customer since 95 when i bought my first oceanic dive computer. im just unhappy with the fact that i paid alot of $$$ for a computer and can only use 1/2 of its intended use ( 1/2 being oceanlog).
Amadus98.......

Though the upcoming beta-ware may be an attempt to fix bugs, folks need to remember that each "fix" can present a new laundry list of bugs/problems.

That said, Doug posted a link to the first update for us to evaluate and post up problems. Please, please, please, do not give a bunch of negativity on the beta-ware when the new version is released. It is absolutely important that we post up bugs/problems we are having on the beta-ware so that Oceanic can become aware of what it's customers are experiencing with their product. They can not fix it if they do not know it is broken. Remember to give as much of a step-by-step as possible on how you discovered a bug or caused an error to occur with the beta-ware since software engineers can not duplicate your problem if they do not know how the problem/symptom occurred.

Oceanic is priding itself on customers helping develop their products, and THAT is what you are doing by evaluating and reporting on their gear/software.

Thanks to the Oceanic team for listening to their customers about what we want and the problems we've experienced. Hopefully we have helped influence an improved product.

I hope the bug fixes/enhancements will be available in a version that will run on xp pro for those of us who choose not to shell out $ for useless features in ms's most recent OS bloat exercise :)

frank_delargy:
Hi Doug,
One issue I have with Oceanlog 2.1.3 is that after I imported dives from a previous version and then deleted a few dives, there is a misalignment between the dive details and the dive data. What I mean is that for dive #32 I get the dive details for dive #30 and the graphs show the wrong scale.
Obviously, this causes problems.

Thanks
Frank

Frank, where is 2.1.3? I can't find it anywhere and I see no posts stating where it is. Thanks.

There is no 2.1.3 I can find either, I suspect one of 2 things. Either he has a private beta or he made a mistake on the version number.

In any event I don't think we can get it 2.1.3 ourselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom