Oceanic ever going to fix Ocean Log 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drrich2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi:

I use an Oceanic VT3. My wife uses an Oceanic VT Pro. My buddy uses an Oceanic Atom 1.0. We hit Bonaire early this month; I'd like to download the dives.

The Atom 1.0 isn't supported by Ocean Log 2 (Boo, Hiss!), so we use the Ocean Log Atom software that came with (& ONLY works with the Atom).

Ocean Log 2 will not run on my PC. Getting rid of it & reinstalling doesn't fix that. Dell XPS 600, 3.2 GHz dual processor 840 series, 2 gig RAM, VISTA Home Premium system. When I try to load it, I get:

Error in Average Depth Calculation

click Okay, then

Run-time error '3265':

Item not found in this collection.

As a work around, I've got an old G4 aluminum series Macintosh notebook with the old program Virtual PC 6 on it. That, interestly enough, can run Ocean Log Atom & Ocean Log 2.

Ocean Log 2 on that system downloaded from my VT3 fine.

When I tried it from the VT Pro, it did not work. The USB interface is found, no problem, I put in the VT Pro in PC mode which starts the count-down, & click Ocean Log 2's blue arrow to initiate download, it tells me it's initiating hardware hand shake, then within a very seconds tells me 'Timed Out' & that portion of the program shuts down.

I'd like to download my wife's dives for the log book.

For that matter, I'd like to run Ocean Log 2 on my desktop PC.

I'm aware from other posters on Scuba Board that Ocean Log 2 is buggy, not working for a number of people, & even before we left for Bonaire in early March a fixed version had been due out 'shortly' for weeks.

Okay, this has gotten ridiculous. Where is it? What is going on?

Thanks.

Richard.

I'm aware from other posters on Scuba Board that Ocean Log 2 is buggy, not working for a number of people, & even before we left for Bonaire in early March a fixed version had been due out 'shortly' for weeks.

Just do as I do, tell everyone who will listen about your experience with Oceanic PDCs, on the dive boat, at your local scuba store ( most especially at club night ), even you local dive web site. I am sure that Oceanic would agree that the best advertisement for there products is "word of mouth".

OceanLog will not run properly on Windows Vista.

As far as your wife's computer not syncing... maybe the contacts are dirty?

I'm on my handheld - There are many points on the first post that I'd rather address with a full-size keyboard. I'll do that Monday morning.

Within two weeks we are planning to release a beta version of OceanLog with Vista compatibility and fixes to many of the items posted in various threads on this board. I will post this in the Oceanic Forum the minute it is available for those that care to participate.

Doug

Rubman:

Scuba Board serves the purpose well!

Rakkis:

Not a bad thought. This VT Pro was bought from Scuba Toys (had a great experience with them, highly recommended) for this trip, so it's new. Maybe soaking awhile in distilled water just in case the after-dive rinse off wasn't sufficient would be worthwhile.

Doug:

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it.

Incidently, the G4 Mac notebook with Virtual PC 6 runs Windows XP Pro.

Richard.

I'm not having any problems running Oceanlog (or the Aeris software) on VISTA on my laptop. The Oceanlog apparently has a few "errors" though, so I look forward to updating it with the new beta.

Thanks Doug, I'll look for the beta in the next couple of weeks.

I never could get 2.1.2 to run correctly after a "full" install, so I would up using the 2.1.2 "patch" on a working version of 2.1.1. However, even then, when I tried to use existing data or log files, it scrambled the program. I finally re-did a "clean" update, and then created "new" log files with data downloaded straight from the dive computers. However, I then had to enter many dives manually. This software has SO much potential, but it is so darn finicky. I I too will anxiously look forward to the Beta version. Send it to us Doug!
Tom

To be honest I'd like to know what doens't work under Vista? I'm using it on Home Premium with no problems, I did the full 2.12 install as well.

I did have one minor error that was user caused with errors, permission related. Once I removed RO permissions from my datafiles everything worked fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom