Oceanic EOS FDX10 discontinued

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saboteur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi there. Wondering if anyone knows it this reg is discontinued? You can find them in shops but when looking at Oceanic's website you can't find it on their reg page (depending on how you navigate to it). Anyhow, if it is discontinued, how long are these generally supported for with parts? Are some brands better at long term product support? Thanks

Anyhow, if it is discontinued, how long are these generally supported for with parts? Are some brands better at long term product support?
I don't know for certain with Oceanic, but some brands are definitely better at long-term support than others. But most are pretty good. I don't recall any complaints about Oceanic not making service kits available. Some brands use the same service kits across their entire range. If they do that, even if a particular model is discontinued, there will still be service kits available. A quick call to your local Oceanic dealer should be able to confirm if the kit for the EOS FDX10 is used on other models.

Offhand, I can only recall two instances where EOL regs were no longer supported (there may be others, these are just the two I recall.)

When Zeagle stopped distributing Zeagle branded Apeks regs and started making their own, they were no longer able to get some of the parts required for servicing these regs. As I recall, Zeagle did a limited time buyback/exchange on Zeagle/Apeks regs. This was in the late 90's / early 2000's. Since then, all Zeagle regs produced have used the same service kits. My daughter's reg is a discontinued DS-V, but it gets the same service parts as my FH7.

Shortly after Mares bought Dacor, they killed the brand. They not only decided not to release new Dacor regs, but they stopped supplying service kits for the existing Dacor regs.

Oceanic's web site clearly shows it.
EOS
Your speculation that it is discontinued is unwarranted.

Oceanic's web site clearly shows it.
EOS
Your speculation that it is discontinued is unwarranted.
Actually, it does not show it if you go to the Oceanic website without googling the EOS. Even following your link, while it does not say it is discontinued, it does have a place to enter your email to be notified when it becomes available again. So at best, they are unavailable from Oceanic at this time. The fact that they are not listed on the Oceanic website would indicate they are, in fact, discontinued.

But they are available online at several places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom