Oceanic Delta 4.2 FDX10 Regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flfishhead

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Seriously considering buying an Oceanic Delta 4.2 FDX 10 regulator. Seems to be a pretty descent reg at a good price. Although cold water diving appears to be one of the selling points, this doesn't figure into the equation (dive mainly in Florida waters). Anyone know of any particular problems/drawbacks with this regulator that they'd like to share?

That is a great regulator. It is basicly bullet proof, you will not be disapointed. We have them in stock and if you want I can send you one, with the full warrenty no sales tax and free shipping. We will also beat any price you find. It is over all a great regulator, you will love diving with it. Good choice.

FDX10 is a great first stage. Delta 4 is good however it is unbalanced. I started out diving with this reg years ago and switched to a balanced 2nd stage later on. Having a balanced 2nd stage makes a huge difference in breathing. I still use the delta 4 buts its only a backup.

Maybe you have an old version of the Delta 4 but I'm pretty sure they've been balanced seconds for a couple years now

I've read thru the delta 4's patent and it doesn't have a pneumatically balanced 2nd stage, but it is one where the spring is set with some initial pressure, and depth compensation is performed by what looks like water pressure acting on some orifice. I think their or Aeris's (Oceanic's sister company) full balanced unit is similary priced. The AT 400 ION seems be based on the Oceanic IOS, but cost less than the Delta 4.2.

The FDX-10 is inverted, where the plastic cap for the diaphram is on the top, thus suspeciple to breaking if u hit it going thru some overhead environment. The CDX-5 is laid out the the other way.

Back
Top Bottom