oceanic customer service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rodpandm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I recently sent Oceanic an email asking about trading in my computer for a new one. It has been well over a week and I have not received anything from them. Is this normal for their customer service? I would call but being stationed in Japan makes the time diff a little difficult.

It is a holiday week and they just got back from DEMA. I'm guessing that there is a nice backlog for email answers. What does your local Oceaninc dealer say. They should have all the promo info and I'm betting there are few dealers in Japan. Otherwise just contact an authorized dealer here in the states like Dive Right In scuba, Dive Sports, Scubatoys, or LeisurePro. All are authorized Oceanic dealers.

I recently sent Oceanic an email asking about trading in my computer for a new one. It has been well over a week and I have not received anything from them. Is this normal for their customer service? I would call but being stationed in Japan makes the time diff a little difficult.

Is calling them using Skype a possibility?

Unlimited calling on Skype into the USA is $2.50 USD per month.

When we went on vacation to Mexico and I needed to keep in contact with my daughter back in the USA I signed up for the $2.50 per month plan and canceled it after I got back from Mexico.

This might be an option. Even if you have to make multiple calls of the course of a month it will only cost you $2.50 USD (assuming all those calls are in the USA.

Last edited:
I also emailed Oceanic on a warranty question - no answer. Ever.

Why even put a link on the website if you aren't going to check it????

I emailed them a couple months ago with a question about the manual that came with my regulator and had an answer the next day with the correct manual for my reg.

I wonder if the reason you guys haven't received a response is because the website emailing form is not working. When I click "Send Email", I get: 554 5.5.1 Error: no valid recipients. I'm pretty sure that's a problem with the form. Oceanic, you may wish to get your web team to take a look.

A.

hey everyone. I got a response from oceanic from the address sales@oceanicworldwide.com. This is the general information email address and the direct address to doug krause is dkrause@oceanicusa.com. His name along with Ron Landis and Zach Hollis were on the email also. You might want to try either one of these or both. I hope this info helps you out.

I'm with Jim on talking to the local dealer. My computer decided it was always in the water, not good for battery life. I went to the dealer, he called for a RA# and price while I was standing there and had the computer back to me fixed and looking better than I sent it out, in a week.

I couldn't have figured out who to talk to at Oceanic in the amount of time the dealer took to solve my problem.

Bob
-------------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

Why wouldn't you just call them on the phone to discuss this. I called them yesterday and was placed on hold for less than 10 seconds and got a tech guy and he gave me all the info I needed and also provided more which included trading in my computer. Sending emails just gets you an answer but a person to person call will more than likely get you the answer plus!!!

Being stationed overseas can make time differences difficult for those of us on the other side of the world. Email is much easier for me as well. i have noticed that you can not email them right now and so now have to wait till my Tuesday and stay up late or get up early. I will also talk to my local dealer in the mean time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom