Oceanic Chute 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Davediver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Oceanic Chute 3 BCD with a pin hole that goes front back to front near the top of the BCD bladder. I found it after filling the bladder with water after a recent dive trip. It is a small leak and the bladder holds air for a while. The hole is less than 1 inch from a seam. Can it be fixed or am I out of luck? Any help is greatly appreciated

I had a tear in the bladder of my Islander. I bought a bladder patch kit and was able to repair the hole, has lasted fine for almost 2 years. The secret is you must patch both the inside & outside of the hole. The tricky part is placing the inside patch, I removed the shoulder dump valve and used some long tweezers to clean, prep, and apply the glue & patch via the dump valve hole.

the patch kit
OMS BC Accessories & Repair http://www.OMSdive.com

FYI, I was able to fix the pin holes by using a neoprene repair kit that I bought at my LDS. I followed the instructions and put a 1/4 sized button of material on the hole on either side and let it cure. I then inflated the BC and left it for 1 week with no appreciable loss of air. I hope this trick will help some other diver.

Back
Top Bottom