Oceanic BC inflator valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2MADAKAT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up an Oceanic Ocean Sport BC on the weekend. It is in excellent shape other than the inflator valve sticks when pressed in. I have managed to take it off the vest but can't figure out how to get at the inflator valve itself to check it out.
Does anyone know how they come apart or am I going to have to replace the whole unit? Btw, this inflator valve isnt tyrapped on the hose like most, but held in place by the outer rubber jacket on the inflator. I have attached a couple of pictures to show you where I am at.
20190902_172112.jpg
20190902_172122.jpg
20190902_172057.jpg

These attached files might help.

If you decide you want to replace the inflator with a standard one (not a bad idea) I have a new old stock standard inflator for sale. I'll even throw in a couple of zip ties. :)

Attachments

• Oceanic Alliance pull dump and inflator.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 451
  • Oceanic Reliant pull dump and inflator.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 367
These attached files might help.

If you decide you want to replace the inflator with a standard one (not a bad idea) I have a new old stock standard inflator for sale. I'll even throw in a couple of zip ties. :)
Thank you, the instructions were exactly what I was looking for, but after skimming through them, I am leaning more toward a new one. PM on what you would want for the one you have.

Hi @2MADAKAT,

First, lets make sure what I have is compatible with your BC. If it is, then decide if there are any other items you need to go with it. The inflator I have is a standard K style inflator with a one inch outside diameter, so measure the corrugated hose to make sure it will fit. I also have corrugated hoses and low pressure hoses if you want/need them.

NOS power inflator K style 2.jpg

NOS power inflator K style.jpg

corrugated hose.jpg

power inflator lp hose.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom