Oceanic Alpha 8 PX-3 (DVT) conversion from Yoke to DIN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heelsfaninpa

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,
I recently purchased an Oceanic Alpha 8 PX-3 (DVT), which works great. Now I am looking to start using high pressure tanks (Steel 100's or 120's). Unfortunately, I am having a difficult time locating a Yoke to DIN fitting for the Oceanic Regulators with DVT.

Does such a fitting/adapter exist? If so, how & where do I get one?

Thanks,
Frankie

There is no DIN DVT as yet. They are working on it. WHat you need to do is buy a DIN kit, convert the reg, (just did one of mine today took about 5 minutes total) and when you want to use yoke tanks(like on vacation) you can either switch back or buy a DIn to yoke adapter.

Can you explain the "How to bit"?... I know under my own risk.

Thanks

"Kit" is kind of a misnomer, and makes it sound more complicated than it is. It's just a fitting that replaces the actual yoke on your first stage.

I'm not familiar specifically with Oceanic; but I've done the conversion myself on Sherwoods and Mares's. Like JimLap said, easy... less than five minutes. The trickiest part is usually getting at the hex nut holding the yoke assembly to remove it. Manufacturers make dedicated wrenches for that, but I managed to get mine off (I almost said get my nuts off) with a wooden bench vise. Judging from the threading on the Oceanic DIN fitting, it may not be a hex nut?

You then just thread the DIN fitting onto or into the first stage orifice. I have no idea what the torque should be, but... I don't use a torque wrench on hose fittings, either. :D

--Marek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom