Oceanic Air Integrated transmitter... extension hose available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beanojones

Contributor
Reaction score
Oceanic Air Integrated transmitter...

So I was thinking about getting one, and I realized that the way I treat gear I would crack the transmitter in half if it was bolted into the first stage.

Is there a little hose that would just put an the transmitter in a slightly less likely to get cracked in half position by making it dangle instead of stick out at 90 degrees?

I think youd be more likely to whack it on things if it was dangling. You could do it with a 6inch hose and an adaptor but I think it's more secure right on the first stage. Just don't throw your reg around and it'll be fine.

I think (not sure about the fittings) this is all you'd need.

Miflex High Pressure Hose discounts on sale XS Scuba

My buddy has the plastic Aeris transmitter on his rig. He runs it off a hp port so it sort of parallels his shoulder - his head or the top turret of the reg should hit first.

P10100141.JPG

Get std 9" HP hose, route, and tape in place.

HP hoses use a pin swivel fitting; HP ports use a shoulder o-ring, so just using an HP hose won't work.

I guess my question is what adaptor is there that allows this. Hypertech, what adaper do I need?

I am not worried about banging it, I am worried about cracking it in two. I could get it replaced if it stopped working, but I could not get it replaced if I had it fall in two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom