Oceanfest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought you did pretty well, Murph. The artist is Pascal Lecocq. A nice guy and a Ft. Lauderdale resident. He doesn't dive due to an ear problem, but we invited him to snorkel the Datura snorkel trail with us when he returns from a tour. It'll probably be in August, and I'll be sure to post it in the "Private Trips" folder.

We probably owe him a beer or six for all the entertainment value his artwork has provided over the past few years.

Wendy, you'll have to round up a contingent of our central and north Florida brethren and come down for the event! And I know that Murph and Baited will be there, along with the usual suspects from a little further south...

I hate to say it but I was'nt impressed with the show. I thought they would have more dive gear there. It sid look as though there were plenty of places to go on dive vacations.

I finally downloaded these photos from my cell phone. This is the Hermit Crab modeling our new ScubaBoard t-shirt. She's also a very good joke teller. (Jenny, tell her that I listened to Tarzan's favorite singer, Harry Elephonte, yesterday!)

(You know, I never knew hermit crabs had blue tongues...)

Well if it's gear you want to see... DEMA will be in Houston this October. I and a bunch of mods are planning to be there! We are working on an "event" as well just for ScubaBoardians. If you plan to be there, PLEASE let me know.

back40:
I hate to say it but I was'nt impressed with the show. I thought they would have more dive gear there. It sid look as though there were plenty of places to go on dive vacations.

I know what you mean. I thought that the vendors were pretty mercenary. I've been spoiled by too many medical and IT meetings, where the vendors have lots of giveaways for the crowd. Still, there were some very nice offers there, for example, discounts on the REEF fish ID kits. It was also nice to meet a few of the artists who focus on the underwater world, like Pascal.

It was also a nice point of contact for a few of us local ScubaBoard and SingleDivers folks to get together and spend some time face-to-face, which happens all too seldom, considering how time we spend together online.

I guess I'm not a very good customer for dive trips, having just moved to South Florida and being of the mindset that this area is heaven for divers. It's nice not having to travel to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom