Ocean State Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see you're from NO. How's the legal system in Louisiana? I heard it's an odd mix of English common law and French codified law? That's what they told us in law school anyway.LobstaMan
Louisiana is the only state with a legal system based on codified law rather than common law. England and the other 49 states are the only places in the world where common law is the basis for their rules and regulations.
Most of the world and Louisiana uses a codal system. Louisiana's codal system is based on the French (Napoleonic Code) law, Greek Codal Law, Italian Codal Law and a smidgeon of other codal systems. To my knowledge we use no common law except a few titles of the Uniform Commerical Code which we recently adopted.
It is about the only thing we do right in Louisiana; well, besides corruption, we are Kings of corruption and ineptitude.
And you should know you cant believe what they told you in law school. If they told the truth, would any of us still be lawyers?

Louisiana is the only state with a legal system based on codified law rather than common law. England and the other 49 states are the only places in the world where common law is the basis for their rules and regulations.
Most of the world and Louisiana uses a codal system. Louisiana's codal system is based on the French (Napoleonic Code) law, Greek Codal Law, Italian Codal Law and a smidgeon of other codal systems. To my knowledge we use no common law except a few titles of the Uniform Commerical Code which we recently adopted.
It is about the only thing we do right in Louisiana; well, besides corruption, we are Kings of corruption and ineptitude.
And you should know you cant believe what they told you in law school. If they told the truth, would any of us still be lawyers?

Thanks for straightening me out. By the way, I thought RI was voted the most corrupt state in the US?

LobstaMan

By the way, I thought RI was voted the most corrupt state in the US?

You'd think if a state were truly corrupt it would rig the vote so it was voted least corrupt rather than most corrupt so that someone else takes the heat. :D

I don't think ScubaBoard is the appropriate place to post arrest warrants. What are we supposed to do with that and why?

You'd think if a state were truly corrupt it would rig the vote so it was voted least corrupt rather than most corrupt so that someone else takes the heat. :D

Hah!:rofl3:

LobstaMan

Reminds me of a great quote from The Usual Suspects:

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

I don't think ScubaBoard is the appropriate place to post arrest warrants. What are we supposed to do with that and why?

It's relevant to the dive industry and local divers in New England, Rhode Island specifically.

It's printed material, you're supposed to read it. Hopefully you'll be informed by its contents.

How's the view up there on your high horse?

Regardless, what possible diference does it make to you that it was posted. Some people like information and actually use it as a learning tool. It is absolutely relevant to this board, and completely apropriate to post. I am forever amazed at the number of people that are "offended" at the drop of a hat, and seek to make issue where there is none. Never ask or comment, as it may offend! Have a mod kill it, quick. Or,,you could just RELAX!

It is absolutely relevant to this board, and completely apropriate to post.

Agreed. And keep in mind that this is a public record released by the courts for the purpose of informing the public of what they are doing and why. Posting it here is entirely consistent with that purpose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom