Ocean Log For Windows 7 (64bit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

applecorps

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It seems that Ocean Log software is not compatible with my Windows 7 (64bit) PC . . or am I doing something else wrong? Trying to connect a new Geo 2.0 computer and not having much luck. Any ideas?
Richard

I'm running mine on Windows 7 64 bit .....so take heart, it can be done :)

I downloaded the Oceanlog 2.X Beta version and you'll also have to download and install the USB drivers to download from the Geo 2.

Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software

Good luck

Found the 64bit drivers for both Vista/7 on the Oceanic web site . . didn't install right the first time but did install right on my second try. Seems to be working fine now. It's on this page for anyone else interested:
Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software

I solved all of my Win7 64 bit problems. I reformatted two new computers and installed the 32 bit version on both. There are just too many missing drivers and software compatibility problems with the 64 bit version. I have had no issues since the switch and really like in now.

They seem to be pushing the 64 bit on new computers.

Sometimes it takes more searching but I've never had a problem finding drivers for Windows 7 (64bit) and I do like the speed it brings to my Vaio. I expect the inconvenience to be less and less as time goes on. At the same time, there's nothing wrong with the 32bit version either.

Probably true if most of your equipment is fairly new and/or a high volume computer accessory.

For many of our accessories this was not the case. I have older, but very high quality photo printers and scanners that have no 64 bit drivers. The plug- ins that my wife uses to access and edit files for her embroidery machine acted up. There was no driver for the Cricut cutter that she uses in scrapbooking.

I spent hours trying to make it all work before I decided to give it up. I don't want to trashcan perfectly good devices to accommodate a new operating system. Maybe in a few years.

I feel your pain and agree completely! I went through similar problems but ended up buying a new scanner (cheaper these days), laser printer (also cheaper today) and some other peripherals. Upgrading software was also a small nightmare in some cases and forced me to buy the latest versions of some programs. Which is why I don't upgrade my PC very often :)

I have both my pc working with oceanlog, no issues. But next time try changing the compatibly mode to xp. This might help. I did not, but it has solved other issues in the past.

Back
Top Bottom