Occidental Grand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPG

Reaction score
ON the advice of Christi I am asking all of those who may have visited the Occidental Grand recently if there was any construction going on. I have heard a rumor that there is and I wanted to confirm this before my family books for a stay there in the first week or two of Nov.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Got it. It was the Allegro not the Grand

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THERE A COUPLE OF WEEK AGO, 9/11, THERE WAS NO CONSTRUCTION ANYWHERE ON THE SITE.

JPG:
ON the advice of Christi I am asking all of those who may have visited the Occidental Grand recently if there was any construction going on. I have heard a rumor that there is and I wanted to confirm this before my family books for a stay there in the first week or two of Nov.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I was at the Occidental Grand 9/19 through 9/25. No construction anywhere on this property. The resort is operating with all services and amenities. If you haven't been there before, I think you'll find your stay quite enjoyable. Rooms are spacious, bright with natural light and very clean. Food is good and the specialty restaurants are excellent. Bar service for the beach and pool area is a little slow, and there isn't a swim-up bar which is commom at other resorts. But overall, the resort does a fine job.

During Low Season, many hotels renovate to open fresh for high season. Its been going on forever and will not change. That is why Plaza las Glorias is doing it right now to open Dec 23rd....So you never know...Its like hurricanes, they just show up when you dont want them to...

There IS construction at the Occidental Grand.
They are renovating the club area. We had booked in the club for early november and were forced to switch to a standard room.
Call the hotel- you can get the number from the website
Maybe they have postoned the renovation?

topher:
There IS construction at the Occidental Grand.
They are renovating the club area. We had booked in the club for early november and were forced to switch to a standard room.
Call the hotel- you can get the number from the website
Maybe they have postoned the renovation?

We are going there on Nov. 20th for a week.That would be nice to know if there is construction...yuck! Can someone please find out and update me? Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom