Occidental Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stayed at the Allegro last July. Thought Pro Dive was pretty good. I thought the DM's were helpful and knowledgable. Boats were decent sized and did not feel overcrowded. Loved the free Nitrox and the package pricing. Loved being down south with white sand beaches and short boat rides. Fairly easy to do 4 dives a day. Food could have been better though.

If you're staying at the Occidental, upgrade for the boutique section of the resort. It's worth it. Free wifi in room and it is closer to the dive shop and the beach/pool. Food is average, but the dive shop is excellent as is the property. Dives are scheduled and they aren't very flexible unless the group unanimously agrees to go elsewhere so if you have good chemistry with the group, it works out well. Free nitrox is good as well. I did Cozumel and also the cenotes with them in late 2015. The location of this resort has you very close to all the dive sites so you don't have to go out very far on the boat.

I would go back to dive with them again and stay at the resort again.
How much was the room upgrade ??

How much was the room upgrade ??

I can't remember. It was part of a package with Pro Dive. I forgot to mention you also get priority reservations for a la carte, your own private pool area, separate check in lobby and concierge and room service among other things.

we stayed at the Occidental several years ago. BEAUTIFUL grounds, large rooms, the food at the buffet's and "reservation only" restaurants was very good, (this was several years ago, can't speak for it now, as AI's can flux.

We dove with a different dive op then the in house dive op, which I think was Dive Paradise at the time. Most dive ops will pick up at the hotel pier.

pluses: short boat rides to the reef.

minus': you won't be able to dive the more northern dive sites inside the park as most dive ops won't motor back up north after coming that far south to pick you up.

again, because of being so far south, it's at least a $20 cab ride one-way to town. not much night life down there, one "night club" that was dead as a doornail when we were there.

Stayed there in 2015, Dove with Scuba Tony who I highly recommend. They pick up at resort dock, got us in the water before any other boats were out. Luis was our divemaster and was very good. The resort beach has some nice snorkeling, there was a 6' Baracuda hanging out by a small rock pile out by the ropes which I heard is common. Last year we stayed at Sunscape Sabor which made us really miss Occidental. Food was good, staff very friendly, Villas were nice and clean, walkway to beach was pretty cool with a crocodile in the swamp under it, pools were clean. They would set up a projection screen and show movies at night by the pool.

Talk a walk down the beach to "Alberto's" great food!!!!! You sit in patio style tables and chairs on the beach. Doesn't look great but loved the Conch!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom