Occidental Allegro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is the first I have heard that it would still be owned by Occidental also. Everything that I have read up to now sounded like Occidental had sold the resort as a whole. Infact, when we were there the end of May, they had already removed Occidental Allegro off of the sign out front.

The wife and I have decided to return to Cozumel next August. Has anyone stayed at the Allegro recently?

Just figured I’d jump on here rather than start another

So came back yesterday.

Place itself is nice with very friendly staff.
Food was not bad at all considering an all inclusive resort. In fact I thought it was pretty great..far better then Egypt for sure.

Only downside were the noisy cabins.
Now I'm going to insult an entire continent here, but what is it with American women and their loud nasal voices? I felt like living next door to 'the Nanny'. At first I thought she had a fight with the stafff but it turned out she was 'talking' to her child.
Now my roommate (70 years old) had his own playlist of 'sounds at night' when he was sleeping so I'm sure they had their share of the fun.

Anyway, diving with Pro dive was great! I love how easy accessible the diving in Cozumel is. Each morning we left at eight, had two dives, and be back at 12:30 before lunch.
The reef looks bad compared with the red sea, but plenty of fish, saw some sharks, turtles, and my club mates saw a group of dolphins right after I left.

Last dive was at the C-53 wreck 'Felip Xicoténcatl'.
Made a little video about it, subtitles are in Dutch, sorry:

So came back yesterday.

Place itself is nice with very friendly staff.
Food was not bad at all considering an all inclusive resort. In fact I thought it was pretty great..far better then Egypt for sure.

Only downside were the noisy cabins.
Now I'm going to insult an entire continent here, but what is it with American women and their loud nasal voices? I felt like living next door to 'the Nanny'. At first I thought she had a fight with the stafff but it turned out she was 'talking' to her child.
Now my roommate (70 years old) had his own playlist of 'sounds at night' when he was sleeping so I'm sure they had their share of the fun.

Anyway, diving with Pro dive was great! I love how easy accessible the diving in Cozumel is. Each morning we left at eight, had two dives, and be back at 12:30 before lunch.
The reef looks bad compared with the red sea, but plenty of fish, saw some sharks, turtles, and my club mates saw a group of dolphins right after I left.

Last dive was at the C-53 wreck 'Felip Xicoténcatl'.
Made a little video about it, subtitles are in Dutch, sorry:

Not all of America. Probably from Long Island.

Not all of America. Probably from Long Island.
especially when pronounced like
LawnGuy Land

Back
Top Bottom