OC1 Compass Use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laurie S.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Can someone help a newbie? I can't quite figure out how to work the compass on my new OC1. I used it this weekend and the only time I could get it to give me compass directions was when I was on the upper deck of the dive ship. I understand how to calibrate it, and did so, but when I was in the water, it would only give a reading of 220 degrees no matter what I did. I do know how to use a compass, since I'm an archaeologist and it's a tool of the trade, so that's not the problem.

Is there a link someone can point me to where I can figure this out, please?

Can someone help a newbie? I can't quite figure out how to work the compass on my new OC1. I used it this weekend and the only time I could get it to give me compass directions was when I was on the upper deck of the dive ship. I understand how to calibrate it, and did so, but when I was in the water, it would only give a reading of 220 degrees no matter what I did. I do know how to use a compass, since I'm an archaeologist and it's a tool of the trade, so that's not the problem.

Is there a link someone can point me to where I can figure this out, please?

Were you on a shipwreck and/or did you calibrate the compass while you were on the boat?

I actually calibrated it a few times, including in the hotel room when I was trying to figure it out before the dive. I did it in the water the last time while on the surface, away from the boat. The calibration seems to be working as it should but I can't get any further with it after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom