obtaining insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmitch3938

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Wanted to check with everyone and see what their experiences were with their insurance..best/ worst companies to deal with...rates..etc. if its better to go with the group plan provided by a LDS or do it individually...thanks !

ok..since there has been a boat load of experienced comments here..i'll take care of it and make my own choice..thanks for the non advice there fellow dive cons...

Sorry didn't see the thread until just now. Last year I was under my own insurance offered through SSI. They seemed reasonable, but since it was my first "go round" I can't say for sure. This year my LDS has obtained a group policy through another insurance company (through TDI,... I think). At our shop the insurance is split between all the instructors & the Dive Cons, since they are not typically paid for their assistance, are covered at no cost to them. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom