Obtaining a NACD Replacement Card or Other Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can only say from my experiences of being on the BOD of other volunteer organizations, it takes some time to move a huge ship, or a volunteer organization. Orie's been president for ~6 months and there have been some crazy changes in the world since then (and his wife had a baby in April).

...Orie's been president for ~6 months and there have been some crazy changes in the world since then (and his wife had a baby in April).

Could be good or bad. Bad in that he may need to give his better half a helping hand or two or three. Good in that he may need a break. But if Momma is not happy, no one is happy!

Orie, if you are one here, congrats on your future dive buddy! I made two dives with my daughters at OG on Friday and had a blast.

it takes some time to move a huge ship, or a volunteer organization. Orie's been president for ~6 months and there have been some crazy changes in the world since then....
Since when is the NACD a "huge ship", especially in recent years? It's my understanding that it's dwindled down to almost nothing. And the problems with the organization apparently pre-date this virus, by YEARS, so we can hardly blame the last 6 months of corona-craziness on whatever's (not) going on down there.

Just an update to this post. I originally requested a replacement Intro to Cave NACD card in July of 2019 and finally received it in February 2022, one year and seven months later. Happy to receive it and glad that NACD finally came through, but it was a hell of a long time to wait.

Makes Adam at the NSS-CDS look quick.

But his Little River map is awesome, so I can forgive him for being slow.

it takes some time to move a huge ship,.
Particularly if the ship has been run hard aground and set on fire by a crew of drunken monkeys.

Particularly if the ship has been run hard aground and set on fire by a crew of drunken monkeys.

Yeah, looks like my comment didn't age well. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom