Obnixious little box did it's BEEP, BEEP, BEEP thing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never, NEVER liked my pager going off. It meant that someone was in real trouble.

Does that mean that I NEEDED a different job? I think not.

Uncle Pug:
Gary, with all due respect... I think you should consider hanging it up.

It seems many of your threads are titled in a similar vein.

When I person begins to dread hearing the pager it is long past time to find another line of work.

Gary I know what you mean. I carried a pager, 2 cell phones and a police radio everywhere I went for 20 years. When they could not get me on any of those they called on VHF channel 16 knowing I was on the water. Some days the dispatchers could not get anything right, and sometimes it was my guys (I ended up a boss). In any case gripe on! I always said my guys were not happy unless they had something to complain about! My wife is a retired police officer also, so you should have heard some of the complaint sessions at our house after some monumental screw ups....

200 years?
:11:

I'll bet that it felt like that at times.

R.

adurso:
Gary I know what you mean. I carried a pager, 2 cell phones and a police radio everywhere I went for 20 years. When they could not get me on any of those they called on VHF channel 16 knowing I was on the water. Some days the dispatchers could not get anything right, and sometimes it was my guys (I ended up a boss). In any case gripe on! I always said my guys were not happy unless they had something to complain about! My wife is a retired police officer also, so you should have heard some of the complaint sessions at our house after some monumental screw ups....

I liked my pager going off..... then again, I was 20, in the Army and jumped out of airplanes for a living. I tell myself that I have since wisened up.

Blitz:
I liked my pager going off..... then again, I was 20, in the Army and jumped out of airplanes for a living. I tell myself that I have since wisened up.
Put it this way, I like the pager going off because it means some excitement. On the same note I hate it going off because someone is most likely in the process of losing his or her life.

It has to be the true definition of mixed emotions. Besides I’m a drug addict. I’ll come out of the closet and admit it; I’m an Adrenalin junkie.

Gary D. :D

Gotta feed the rat!

I understand the 'good news, bad news' part.

Back
Top Bottom