Oak Hill Scuba – Great Service!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
There are endless discussions on these boards about why we need to support our LDS, and I wanted to take this chance to provide yet another reason why.

Last Friday, my 3rd Oceanic Veo250 computer went belly up in the middle of a dive. Now understand – I love the computer and I’m not trashing Oceanic here – their equipment and service is great.

What I was getting tired of however was having to go though the “normal” channels of sending the unit back, waiting 2 weeks and getting a “factory refurb” unit back in return. I think there should be a rule that you only have to go through that 1 time for any given problem.

Apparently Mack at Oak Hill Scuba agreed with me. I called him on Friday when the unit went belly up to let him know it had happened and to also let him know that I would not be able to bring it back in until Monday morning.

I showed up Monday morning, 15 minutes after the shop had opened. As I walked into the store, Mack informed me he had already been on the phone with Oceanic, and a brand new Pro Plus 2 (several models up the chain from the Veo250) was on its way via FedEx.

This is why we should support LDSs who are authorized dealers, and why in particular Oak Hill Scuba is my shop. Kudos to Mack at Oak Hill Scuba and to Oceanic – both are class operations who know what customer service is all about.

I agree 100%, Bill. Oak Hill Scuba definitely sets a high standard for dive shops. The shop offers a nice product line that continues to expand, and all the services divers need from rec to tech.

I think what really makes the shop special though is Mack's attitude. He's helpful, honest and treats his customers like they are family. I have never heard the guy make one negative comment about another shop and if he can't help you he'll gladly send you to a shop that can.

Mack and Oak Hill Scuba ROCK! :rocker:

Way to go, Mack! I just wish your shop was up here in my neck-o-th-woods (or I lived closer to Austin!). Always great to hear good things about good people.

Thanks guys. When Karen and I bought the shop a couple of years ago, we decided to have one rule above all others. We want every customer to be pleased with their purchase. That means getting the gear that is right for the customer, not the shops bottom line. If you really want and have to have a Scuba Pro reg, I'll tell you where you can get them and hope you'll come back to me for other items.

BTW Bo, I told Oceanic that you HAD to have that computer for your high profile televised dive at Aquarena. So, as you dive, keep the computer pointed towards the camera. :D

BTW Bo, I told Oceanic that you HAD to have that computer for your high profile televised dive at Aquarena. So, as you dive, keep the computer pointed towards the camera. :D

:rofl3:

I agree about Oak Hill, although I have nothing else to compare it to except conversations over the phone with other shops. Oak Hill was the first shop to make me comfortable on the phone enough to commit to taking the course. I took the PADI course through Nik Simmons and Im telling ya, had it not been for the great instruction, great shop, and the over all awesome vibe this place gives me there would not have been SCUBA Lisamarie. They are awesome, and definitly worth the drive for me (I live North Austin)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom